Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it hard to believe there is not a quality midfielder in the championship level of all the European teams . it sounds to me that certain people have just been indulging on holiday for too long.

Now is the time to move on from dithering players like Mina and clubs not interested in selling like Newcastle/Lascellas and go for the available ones: Rojo / Zouma, and i guess the Stoke lad N Diaye seems to want to stay in the premiership and would relish linking up with Ghana i assume. Then hopefully on deadline day we find an attacker on loan

Do you think we will be well covered enough at CB is we don't bring 1 in mate. A 36 year old Jags, an injured Holgate and Keane? I will be worried if we don't get one in.

If we dont bring a CB in we are in serious trouble.

SERIOUS.

Im not worried, but I wasnt worried last summer, I didnt think it possible that the window would close without us buying a Striker.

Well dress it up anyway you want. We should want to win these games just as much as the opponent with or without anything at stake. If we continue to invite teams to hit the target with barely any semblance of proper defending (see Goals 1 and 2 today and add in the complete balls up by Sandro for the third goal which was followed by no defending of any note and, yes, a fine finish.. then we're in deep trouble.

And by proper games I meant not warm ups against a pub team.

We aren't in deep trouble at all. We are in a much better position than we were last season starting the season.

Last season: no fit first team full backs (had Cuco and Kenny). No recognised striker. No fit wingers. 5 of the top 6 in our first 7 games.

This season: 2 fit and top quality full backs. A recognised striker. Actual quality wingers. A decent first 6 games. Only one number 10 to fit in instead of the countless we had last season.

We also still have 5 days to get the CB we need and possibly a CM. And I trust marcel and Marco to get a CB in.

Have patience and be positive. Thursday is the time to panic.

Last edited:
If we dont bring a CB in we are in serious trouble.

SERIOUS.

Im not worried, but I wasnt worried last summer, I didnt think it possible that the window would close without us buying a Striker.

I think thats true. I don't get worried often. I've seen us go into seasons having to play Baxter/Rodwell at 16/17 through necessity. It's always a worthwhile context. It would be a huge failing not to get one in, for me far worse than not getting a forward in last season. I can't imagine they won't do it. I think they get one in.

Yeah ok, the number of days wasn't relevant but the amount of playing time obviously is. With poor-to-average opponents coming up in the PL we need to take advantage if we can.

Well last season most of the players "went on holiday" near the end, dont blame em, we had nothing to play for, so far in preseason we have played shadow sides with loads of subs, so whilst its a minor cause for concern, im not overly concerned with the results as such, more so that some players just dont look like they have anything to offer.

We arentnin deep trouble at all. We are in a much better position than we were last season starting the season.

Last season: no fit first team full backs (had Cuco and Kenny). No recognised striker. No fit wingers. 5 of the top 6 in our first 7 games.

This season: 2 fit and top quality full backs. A recognised striker. Actual quality wingers. A decent first 6 games. Only one number 10 to fit in instead of the countless we had last season.

We also still have 5 days to get the CB we need and possibly a CM.

Calm down and be positive.

U wot m8

Well dress it up anyway you want. We should want to win these games just as much as the opponent with or without anything at stake. If we continue to invite teams to hit the target with barely any semblance of proper defending (see Goals 1 and 2 today and add in the complete balls up by Sandro for the third goal which was followed by no defending of any note and, yes, a fine finish.. then we're in deep trouble.
And by proper games I meant not warm ups against a pub team.

Your being a tad negative here, we’re not as bad as your making out at all.

We aren't in deep trouble at all. We are in a much better position than we were last season starting the season.

We also still have 5 days to get the CB we need and possibly a CM. And I trust marcel and Marco to get a CB in.

Have patience and be positive. Thursday is the time to panic.

And we don't have sulking Koeman or binman Walsh.

The look on Silva’s face when that 2nd goal went in was priceless. He was raging!!!

Baines stood 10 yards off his man for an age, then stuck out a token leg.
What happened in the box I don’t know. I’d have to see it again, but it was a CB Free zone!!

We desperately need a minimum of 3 more in. Preferably 4 or 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back