Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The look on Silva’s face when that 2nd goal went in was priceless. He was raging!!!

Baines stood 10 yards off his man for an age, then stuck out a token leg.
What happened in the box I don’t know. I’d have to see it again, but it was a CB Free zone!!

We desperately need a minimum of 3 more in. Preferably 4 or 5.

I can tell you as I was in the Lower Gwladys immediately behind the goal as it happened and was just pointing out Keane’s positioning as the ball went wide to my mate (specifically, his body position).

He was completely square on facing the ball rather than opening his body out and being aware of what was behind him.

By the time he’d turned around, the ball was in the net.

If he had the correct body position, he may have even recovered to the goal line and blocked it.

Worst thing was, it happened several times. Keane really is one of the worst central defenders I’ve ever seen in a blue shirt.

All the attributes needed for the position: positioning, awareness, strength, tackling, speed. Players facing him up in a 1v1 just glide past him. And to think of the sum of money we paid. I just can’t see what the scouts / Walsh / Koeman saw in him.

Hopefully we can keep up the trend of bringing in players who care. The last 4 signings all seem to have that. Maybe too early to tell with Digne but the others are definitely players who want to win

It worries me a little bit and I hope I am wrong that maybe we are putting to much faith in Brands, tick tock.
Well he has done well so far but if he goes and gets a reject from 30 miles down in Rojo i will wonder what he has been doing so far, especially when you take into account out of the 2 buys we have made so far one the manger bought with him from his old club, meaning Digne is the only find in a window that was vital to sort out a few spots in the side

Sorry but this isn’t good enough, love to eat my words but some kid for Sporting B? Nah sorry

What ever !?? So you’ve written him off already because he isn’t what u want at this moment she what happens when others arrive this week that u do like ,your still writing this kid off ?

You clearly werent around when we signed Coleman for 60k from Ireland.

Its a punt mate, if he becomes a player great, if he doesnt, nobody will care, we have probably spent a packet of chewys on the boy.
He needs to be maldini or baresi incarnate tbh, rather than an attacking option tbf

Well as far as I can see we have - apart from half a dozen or so - a very moderate squad with quite a few new faces needed.

These players are very much fringe players: Beni Baningeme, Tyias Browning, Harry Charsley, Callum Connolly, Morgan Feeney, Brendan Galloway, Mateusz Hewelt, Matthew Pennington

These have been told to go and find a new club: Cuco Martina, Kevin Mirallas, Nikola Vlasic

These are already out on loan: Luke Garbutt, Henry Onyekuru, Ashley Williams

Now the remaining players:

Serious Fitness questions: Muhamed Besic, Yannick Bolasie, James McCarthy

Some suitability issues: (basically age): Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka

Are they anywhere near good enough?: Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Tom Davies, Kieran Dowell, Jonjoe Kenny, Sandro Ramirez, Mason Holgate, Oumar Niasse, Maarten Stekelenburg, Michael Keane

Desire to be at the club issues: Ademola Lookman, Morgan Schneiderlin

The ones worth standing by: Seamus Coleman. Lucas Digne, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Jordan Pickford, Richarlison, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Cenk Tosun, Theo Walcott

Now I don't know how you dress this up but for me 8/38 ain't good enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back