Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will definitely sign a CB this week.
Once we do , then the fume will be that we have paid too much.
The upside to that is that the other doom mongerers i.e. the "net spend" brigade , will have to go to bed early :D

Well as far as I can see we have - apart from half a dozen or so - a very moderate squad with quite a few new faces needed.

These players are very much fringe players: Beni Baningeme, Tyias Browning, Harry Charsley, Callum Connolly, Morgan Feeney, Brendan Galloway, Mateusz Hewelt, Matthew Pennington

These have been told to go and find a new club: Cuco Martina, Kevin Mirallas, Nikola Vlasic

These are already out on loan: Luke Garbutt, Henry Onyekuru, Ashley Williams

Now the remaining players:

Serious Fitness questions: Muhamed Besic, Yannick Bolasie, James McCarthy

Some suitability issues: (basically age): Leighton Baines, Phil Jagielka

Are they anywhere near good enough?: Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Tom Davies, Kieran Dowell, Jonjoe Kenny, Sandro Ramirez, Mason Holgate, Oumar Niasse, Maarten Stekelenburg, Michael Keane

Desire to be at the club issues: Ademola Lookman, Morgan Schneiderlin

The ones worth standing by: Seamus Coleman. Lucas Digne, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Jordan Pickford, Richarlison, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Cenk Tosun, Theo Walcott

Now I don't know how you dress this up but for me 8/38 ain't good enough...

Can’t dusagree with any of that.....bar Mason Holgate. Best centre half we have

To the "he doesnt wanna come so I dont want him" mob, do you think any player would want to come if offered a starting place at United too?

Loved Digne's quotes, but if them lot wanted him this summer and he knew hed be first choice he would go there.

Players like Mina who could be good enough for United but would be guarenteed first choice football here are the exact level we should be aiming for and it would be a good signing in my opinion.

Its like some of yous dont talk about football outside of these forums totally out of perspectove with the bigger football world

I think we must be skint. We have been absolutely desperate for centre backs for 2 years and yet with only a couple of days to go we are hoping mina signs???
Mawson was surely better than jags too and yet we never bid???
If mina wanted to sign for Everton football club he would of already signed. He will only sign for us as a last resort and I'd tell him to f... off now.
I just don't see a clear picture of where we are heading as a team. Teams at the top sign players early and give them a pre season. We are trying to sign last minute players. It will just be loan deals now on the cheap in my opinion.

I think we must be skint. We have been absolutely desperate for centre backs for 2 years and yet with only a couple of days to go we are hoping mina signs???
If mina wanted to sign for Everton football club he would of already signed. He will only sign for us as a last resort and I'd tell him to f... off now.
I just don't see a clear picture of where we are heading as a team. Teams at the top sign players early and give them a pre season. We are trying to sign last minute players. It will just be loan deals now on the cheap in my opinion.

"Must be skint"
"Hoping to only sign Mina" who would cost around 30 million.

Can't have it both ways.

You need to R E L A X before you have a serious condition

Rojo had a mare of a World Cup another United reject if we get him - on topic it would be a disastrous waste of transfer kitty the lad at Cheslsea is a better bet imo....
Zouma? Yup I'd take him. I only suggested Rojo because we've been linked to him and he wouldn't need time to settle agree 30m is way too much though.

To the "he doesnt wanna come so I dont want him" mob, do you think any player would want to come if offered a starting place at United too?

Not at all, totally understand if he had the choice he would prefer United, the issue is that (apparently) we are kept waiting while he waits for them to make their mind up.

No doubt we have more targets to go for, but we are running the risk of them going elsewhere while we hang around waiting for him. So instead of getting our 2nd / 3rd choice players we end up with inferior players because our number 1 target left us hanging.

If we are after two centre backs then it would have been nice to get the other one wrapped up while we wait on him, more our own fault than his, but we are giving him the opportunity to hedge his bets while we might be the ones without a chair when the music stops.

Should have learned this lesson last time out with Geroud.

Did anyone else notice the fella sat in the boxes today flanked by 2 fellas in suits? He looked like he was in a tracksuit while the fellas had what seemed to be the same suit on. Nobody else was in the boxes except these 3 fellas. Iv looked through but couldn't see if anyone had mentioned it

"Must be skint"
"Hoping to only sign Mina" who would cost around 30 million.

Can't have it both ways.
were probably offering a season long loan with a set fee in 12 months. This deal is just not right. He could of been signed 3 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back