Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be happy with a few of those Swiss lads, Elvedi as a centre half and Émbolo as competition for Walcott as well
Talking of Swiss lads. I watched Tarashaj come on for the last 20 minutes away at Basel yesterday We were sat down were the players were warming up and my lad had his Everton top on and we gave him a shout and he gave us the thumbs up.
He looked like he’s put on a lot of weight - but he’s still rapid/ springy. Definitely has qualities. Shame it didn’t work out.

Genuinely never even twigged that, absolutely crazy when you think of it lol

Wasn't evident to anyone until Silva and Brands started cleaning up the mess. Silva probably expected to find a sound core of 15-18 players after getting rid of the surplus no10's and trimming away some dross. Turned it was more like spots here there where the team isn't murky through and through.

I think half of jags' problem is the amount of hard training and frequent games. He's hardly been rotated during pre season. He will be fine as back up to play 10-15 or so games when needed, but can't be 1st choice. Keane will look better with some pace/power next to him. This should have been the 1st position filled so whoever comes in can gel.

Even if we did end up signing mina, he's only just finishing his break. No way will he be fit enough to throw into a prem game in less than a weeks time. Could be a horror show if it's Keane and jags and I doubt mina would help until he's up to speed. It's a mess.....

I have never heard an adequate explanation from anyone as to why there is this mad rush, and it will be worse than ever this week.

I just think that with no time left, players and clubs are more likely to be reasonable in accepting offers.

The bigger clubs generally don't have to wait in turn like this, but we are in good company this year with Spurs and Man Utd still looking to do business, and probably Chelsea.

I wouldn't think Brands and Silva have deliberately left it late. Just the players they would really like have not been available at the right price until deadline day.

The important thing is to come out of it with at least two, hopefully three signings. It's perfectly possible to sign more, but leaving it late also means there is little time to implement a backup plan if things go wrong.

It's a difficult balancing act, but we have an army of administrators and managers at the club - this is what they are there for.

Indeed, it would appear things haven’t gone according to plan from reviewing the actions reported in the press.

Confident deals can and will be done, just with the difficulty perhaps toned down given the deadline impacts.

Absolutely. We should have a plan B should Mina, understandably, choose to go to United instead.

Some on here are saying they don't want him at all though since he has hesitated on waiting for better options? That's the mentality I don't get.

I think we need 2 centre backs anyway myself, but there ya go
Need 3 mate in my opinion !

Ticks every single box doesn't he?

We won't get him of course.

I think he’s attainable, we are in a fortunate position to offer him game time and decent wages. Arsenal appear the only other decent team in for him with what we can offer and more given he’s worked under Emery before, but they are on the heavy side in midfield - albeit with Europe.

Hopefully we can add him and Zakaria - but we’d probably get one or the other at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back