Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short of raising a bit of cash, the Mori sale does seem a bit daft given our current starters. I suppose the idea was that we'd have got someone in by now.

What happened to Holgate ?

My priorities
1 Left Sided Centre Back
2 Centre Midfield (number 8)
3 2nd Centre Back
4 Left Footed Winger
5 Striker

The top 2 we need as a matter of urgency the next 3 we would probably need some more players to leave to create space.

You’d think they’d have at least a couple of defenders lined up Incase of Mina messing us about.

Looks like one isn’t Gibson as he’s off to Burnley.

Don't know why people are being so picky, No we shouldn't sign some absolute donut but Jesus christ we need anyone who isn't a tractor.

Not a tractor, and not a doughnut.

Should be at least 2 players that clear that bar you would have thought.

I think he’s attainable, we are in a fortunate position to offer him game time and decent wages. Arsenal appear the only other decent team in for him with what we can offer and more given he’s worked under Emery before, but they are on the heavy side in midfield - albeit with Europe.

Hopefully we can add him and Zakaria - but we’d probably get one or the other at best.

He would be guaranteed that from anyone who came in for him though mate, IMO like. Also, at his age (he’s 30 in December) I would imagine he would be looking for European footy.

He would be guaranteed that from anyone who came in for him though mate, IMO like. Also, at his age I would imagine he would be looking for European footy.

I think he is a good player, and obviously a massive improvement on what we have.

But we can't be signing anymore 29 year olds on big wages. Don't think people get the extent to which Walsh/Koeman have destroyed us. We literally have £400m of contract commitments to players they've signed with next to no resale value to work through the system over the next 5 years.

I accept that. However, is it unreasonable to expect LB/CB/FW when shipping all these players out and off the wage bill?

I dont think so.

For my money we needn't have prioritised the spending of £40M on a LW.
Window not closed yet so let's see where we are come Thursday . Obviously trying to get it sorted

I think he is a good player, and obviously a massive improvement on what we have.

But we can't be signing anymore 29 year olds on big wages. Don't think people get the extent to which Walsh/Koeman have destroyed us. We literally have £400m of contract commitments to players they've signed with next to no resale value to work through the system over the next 5 years.

Yep, good player, but he’s 30 in December so a gamble for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back