Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Brands be leaving it late to ensure he has as little opposition as possible for talented targets?

I don’t know, I just want to believe we have a plan in place with targets ready to be actioned.

Let’s hope the Zakaria/Lozano specimens are being worked out behind the scenes.

I have never heard an adequate explanation from anyone as to why there is this mad rush, and it will be worse than ever this week.

I just think that with no time left, players and clubs are more likely to be reasonable in accepting offers.

The bigger clubs generally don't have to wait in turn like this, but we are in good company this year with Spurs and Man Utd still looking to do business, and probably Chelsea.

I wouldn't think Brands and Silva have deliberately left it late. Just the players they would really like have not been available at the right price until deadline day.

The important thing is to come out of it with at least two, hopefully three signings. It's perfectly possible to sign more, but leaving it late also means there is little time to implement a backup plan if things go wrong.

It's a difficult balancing act, but we have an army of administrators and managers at the club - this is what they are there for.

I think we should throw the rest of the budget at Lascelles, can see us doing it with 24 hours left of the window, can see Ashley doing it that late so he won't have time to spend the money

An exclusive from Teamtalk no less.

EXCLUSIVE: Everton target Man Utd duo if Rojo deal falls through
Date published: Sunday 5th August 2018 12:01
Chris.Smalling.Victor.Lindelof.jpg

Everton have told Manchester United that they would happily take Victor Lindelof or Chris Smalling, if they can’t secure a deal for Marcos Rojo, we can reveal.

The Argentine defender has emerged as a target for The Toffees, but a host of clubs are also following him.
But Everton are aware that Smalling and Lindelof could yet be available too, and they have told United they would be happy to sign either of them, if they wanted them off their wage bill.
PA.34349684.jpg

The Goodison Park outfit are happy to sign Smalling on a permanent deal, whilst Lindelof would be a loan option.
United look almost certain to offload at least one centre-back before Thursday’s transfer deadline, especially given reports that they will land Toby Alderweireld from Tottenham.

An exclusive from Teamtalk no less.

EXCLUSIVE: Everton target Man Utd duo if Rojo deal falls through
Date published: Sunday 5th August 2018 12:01
Chris.Smalling.Victor.Lindelof.jpg

Everton have told Manchester United that they would happily take Victor Lindelof or Chris Smalling, if they can’t secure a deal for Marcos Rojo, we can reveal.

The Argentine defender has emerged as a target for The Toffees, but a host of clubs are also following him.
But Everton are aware that Smalling and Lindelof could yet be available too, and they have told United they would be happy to sign either of them, if they wanted them off their wage bill.
PA.34349684.jpg

The Goodison Park outfit are happy to sign Smalling on a permanent deal, whilst Lindelof would be a loan option.
United look almost certain to offload at least one centre-back before Thursday’s transfer deadline, especially given reports that they will land Toby Alderweireld from Tottenham.

Hi Man Utd, please can we have a defender, any defender as long as he has legs. I think this is speculative journalism at its best/worst.

Edit: Lindelof would probably be better than what we have and would prefer him to Smalling.

Looking Increasingly like we’ll sign someone who will just paper over the massive chasm that is Keane and Jagielka rather than fill it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back