Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much doubt we will buy an out and out CF, we already have Tosun for that. In the event of Sandro’s departure we would more likely replace him with a player who can similarly play across the forward line such as Lozano or even that Everton lad from Grêmio.

Be inclined to agree, but it does say striker rather than forward, and they make a pretty clear distinction between forwards and strikers in the piece.

As pleasing as it is that we have some quality in the 3 positions behind the striker, the next available options in all of those positions are genuinely terrifying. Sandro, Vlasic, Lookman, Bolasie. Horrific. Walcott will undoubtedly miss a chunk of the season too.

Calvert Lewin ? Davies ? Dowell ?

I’m torrn.

Last year we bought early and it went tits. This year we are leaving it really late.

The concern though is that the defence is a mess and it’s practically the same that was struggling until BFS managed to tighten them up a bit and we stopped conceding so many.

It’s a bit of a mess with less than a week to go.

I’m torrn.

Last year we bought early and it went tits. This year we are leaving it really late.

The concern though is that the defence is a mess and it’s practically the same that was struggling until BFS managed to tighten them up a bit and we stopped conceding so many.

It’s a bit of a mess with less than a week to go.

Its nothing to do with when we buy players mate. You could sign Messi on July 1st or Sissoko on August 31st the point is last season we recruited awfully and this summer we needed to put it right.

Richarlison and Digne are decent additions however Brands needed to have pulled his finger out and got at minimum 1x CB and 1x CDM in.

The bloke is still negotiating PSV style and its costing.

I very much doubt we will buy an out and out CF, we already have Tosun for that. In the event of Sandro’s departure we would more likely replace him with a player who can similarly play across the forward line such as Lozano or even that Everton lad from Grêmio.

One striker isn't enough..... We know although Niasse gives 100% he's very limited, and if Tosun gets injured we have no one else (please don't say DCL)...even being reliant on just Tosun over a full season is ridiculous for a club in our position....it's more important we sign a centre back this week, and a creative midfielder, but we really need a striker too

Its nothing to do with when we buy players mate. You could sign Messi on July 1st or Sissoko on August 31st the point is last season we recruited awfully and this summer we needed to put it right.

Richarlison and Digne are decent additions however Brands needed to have pulled his finger out and got at minimum 1x CB and 1x CDM in.

The bloke is still negotiating PSV style and its costing.
I disagree mate. The management team had to give the players a chance with new tactics first. Now it’s become obvious where we need to strengthen, whereas before we were weak all over. It was the same when Moyes came. All off a sudden players stood out like a Richard in a splint with Moyes tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back