Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could Brands be leaving it late to ensure he has as little opposition as possible for talented targets?

I don’t know, I just want to believe we have a plan in place with targets ready to be actioned.

Let’s hope the Zakaria/Lozano specimens are being worked out behind the scenes.

Not at all, totally understand if he had the choice he would prefer United, the issue is that (apparently) we are kept waiting while he waits for them to make their mind up.

No doubt we have more targets to go for, but we are running the risk of them going elsewhere while we hang around waiting for him. So instead of getting our 2nd / 3rd choice players we end up with inferior players because our number 1 target left us hanging.

If we are after two centre backs then it would have been nice to get the other one wrapped up while we wait on him, more our own fault than his, but we are giving him the opportunity to hedge his bets while we might be the ones without a chair when the music stops.

Should have learned this lesson last time out with Geroud.

Absolutely. We should have a plan B should Mina, understandably, choose to go to United instead.

Some on here are saying they don't want him at all though since he has hesitated on waiting for better options? That's the mentality I don't get.

I think we need 2 centre backs anyway myself, but there ya go

I don't know much about this Zakaria bloke, has there been links to us, or wishful thinking from some, and would signing him reduce Schneiderlins game time ?

If yes, sign him up blues.

Its nothing to do with when we buy players mate. You could sign Messi on July 1st or Sissoko on August 31st the point is last season we recruited awfully and this summer we needed to put it right.

Richarlison and Digne are decent additions however Brands needed to have pulled his finger out and got at minimum 1x CB and 1x CDM in.

The bloke is still negotiating PSV style and its costing.

Brands is still waiting for your phone call to hurry him up.

Fifa rates Williams as an 82 defender
I prefer this 82 defender.

defender-95-3.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back