Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather someone who can score a goal or two is brought in than no one. As said, he;s far from ideal. But then we dont live in an ideal world at Everton. We are in rebuilding mode after Koemageddon.
Well Ronk had to sort the mess made by Fraudio but only succeeded in making worse. As for this window we dont need anymore goal threats just defensive options, its a massive worry at the back.

M
Wasn't evident to anyone until Silva and Brands started cleaning up the mess. Silva probably expected to find a sound core of 15-18 players after getting rid of the surplus no10's and trimming away some dross. Turned it was more like spots here there where the team isn't murky through and through.
Assuming that a squad of 25 has two for each position, and that the two buys so far turn out well.
I think some positions it seems like we are ok with enough strength and depth to get by and do ok:
GK
RB
LB (now)
RW
LW

Some spots we are weak but we could probably put off to January or next summer
CF

Some spots are just gaping sink holes in the teamsheet:
RCB
LCB

All this is assuming that some of the yoof come through as back ups this season.

Then there is the case for those who must leave as they are not included in the above list either yoof on loan or dross to just go.
Thank god I no longer have to consider Tubby williams in this rant.

If this is plain to me then surely MB and MS see it too.

Not itk or heard anything

I just have a feelig Mina will be doing a medical tomorrow... pretty sure Marco would have been screaming at Marcel to oay whatever for him after our performance vs Valencia
Stop, just stop... The guy doesn't want to be here, frankly I'm not impressed by a couple world cup goals... We can't just get someone because of a world cup performance. I'd rather take that money and use it on Lascelles or a pipe dream for Upamecano

Ok,, but we need a different type of attacker to give us options.
If as you say we need a different type of attacker, which I'd agree Cenk is not 'that' sort of CF, thenarent there better options out there than a 30 year old carthorse who was never very good in the first place.
I am sure we could unearth a plan B CF from either the lower divisions , Scotland or even an Eastern European league.

Not itk or heard anything

I just have a feelig Mina will be doing a medical tomorrow... pretty sure Marco would have been screaming at Marcel to oay whatever for him after our performance vs Valencia

We put in an acceptable bid weeks ago...mina was the one who turned the move down.....and to be fair, Mina is right to wait for better interest than us... But if United are no longer interested, and no other champions league club wants him, then he may finally opt for us...

Just hope Brands and Silva have watched and rated him before the World Cup, and are not just going for a player who looked decent for 3 games....

Ok,, but we need a different type of attacker to give us options.

I know I'm in agreement with you, but what would you do with DCL? I'm fine with sending him out on loan, but how much for a target guy? Deeney I'm not a fan of, but could we get a cut rate deal on someone like Slimani? I know, people hate him, but he works like Oumar and is much more physical and good in the air.

It's not a bad idea, but I cannot image we have enough time to pull that off when we so badly need a CB (maybe two) and a CM.

We put in an acceptable bid weeks ago...mina was the one who turned the move down.....and to be fair, Mina is right to wait for better interest than us... But if United are no longer interested, and no other champions league club wants him, then he may finally opt for us...

Just hope Brands and Silva have watched and rated him before the World Cup, and are not just going for a player who looked decent for 3 games....

I say eff him off. If he didn't want us before, why should we be his ten to two club.

Think Mee might be a serious option and Lindelof . Wasn’t there reports earlier in the window that Silva was very interested in him ? Hasn’t Smalling just signed a new contract ? Lascelles is a non runner , I think if Ashley considered selling him spainish waiter would defo walk away from club . I’ve still faith in Brands and we may get a random name or two signing . In Silva I think we’ve a manager who defo has a plan for this team and with Brands will produce . Just time and patience needed . Think Lookman will go as well as Bolaise ...

To be fair, he presumably did something worthy of getting a move to Barca in the first place.

Then shunting him on now is as much down to a lack of non-EU squad spaces as ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back