Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Mere at Koln.

He wouldn't be my first choice if we only sign one centre back, it would be a big gamble to throw him straight into the Premier League alongside the absolute crappers we have on our books currently.

He shouldn't be too hard to get though given that Koln got relegated and he has talent for sure. If we do manage to acquire a real solid centre back before the deadline I'd definitely be in favour of bringing in Mere as well, although I've just checked and he did get sent off in their first game this season.

Don't get this obsession with signing Man Utd rejects

Did we sign some mad clause all those years ago when Rooney left?

Do we even employ scouts?

Aye, been going mad at this for years. There's deffo some hidden agents earning on the back of it.

Some random names there, if one of these come off he's deffo ITK.

That Twitter account writes in the style of an obvious club shill ("Brands working tirelessly" etc), so from that perspective we're meant to think he's ITK.

But has he actually called anything we haven't surmised or speculated ourselves?

I love these people with inside information. Like Brands openly discusses his targets to random staff at FF he barely knows

"Yes Tony, I've been scouting all over Europe mate, speaking to loads of agents and everything, here is a list of targets............don't tell the lads down the pub please though To, this is between me and you"

This, basically. It would be bad for business as a leak would push the price up.

I asked you to list his strengths and you listed none, you basically just said how the team must play to accommodate an awful defender.

You want the team to intercept through balls for him, don’t leave him isolated, and win headers for him. Because that’s everything he can’t do, what can he do please someone tell me what the boy can do.
So when did you change your mind? I have just read posts where you said Keane was good enough to play for any team in the top 4 and that he was better than John Stones. What did you see in him at that time? They are archived so can’t be quoted, but I did like them so you know the ones I am referring to.

What is quite scary at the minute is how little activity we have done up until this point.

If come this week we just go bang, signing , bang signing , bang X players moved on then it shows brands has been sorting deals out . But if we really are scrambling for signings this late in the day then it sounds like the issues in terms of transfers really are above the director of football and it kinda points at kenwright still to this day.

What is quite scary at the minute is how little activity we have done up until this point.

If come this week we just go bang, signing , bang signing , bang X players moved on then it shows brands has been sorting deals out . But if we really are scrambling for signings this late in the day then it sounds like the issues in terms of transfers really are above the director of football and it kinda points at kenwright still to this day.

No mate, Mosh then Brands in that order of responsibility. If Mosh has said X-funds are available, go hire, then it's all on Brands if we fail to sign a quality CB.

Yeah I don't see these desired signings happening.

Nothing really strong being rumoured.

Don't be expecting much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back