Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is quite scary at the minute is how little activity we have done up until this point.

If come this week we just go bang, signing , bang signing , bang X players moved on then it shows brands has been sorting deals out . But if we really are scrambling for signings this late in the day then it sounds like the issues in terms of transfers really are above the director of football and it kinda points at kenwright still to this day.
Stinks of Bill penny pinching to me too. Brands can identify or negotiate all he wants if he can't pull the trigger then it's higher up.

So when did you change your mind? I have just read posts where you said Keane was good enough to play for any team in the top 4 and that he was better than John Stones. What did you see in him at that time? They are archived so can’t be quoted, but I did like them so you know the ones I am referring to.
In that thread Keane won the poll by far and I’m sure a lot of people will look back over a year ago in horror at what they wrote, we were young and naive.

The thread was called “who is most likely out of our signings to move to a top four team” United was supposedly in for Keane at the time and the list included Sandro, Klaassen and Onyekuru.

I was excited to have Keane when we signed him, I had not watched him much at the time but I knew Burnley were a solid unit defensively, but now I know after watching what we are dealing with.

I could go back years and pick out some horror posts but it’s nice to see you have gone back and found two of mine over the course of the first couple of weeks we signed him.

What is quite scary at the minute is how little activity we have done up until this point.

If come this week we just go bang, signing , bang signing , bang X players moved on then it shows brands has been sorting deals out . But if we really are scrambling for signings this late in the day then it sounds like the issues in terms of transfers really are above the director of football and it kinda points at kenwright still to this day.

We have had to offload players -hopefully that's the reason it's held us up buying - my worry is why give the Stek a contract who was 3rd choice keeper, and has been injury prone with his knees is that the transfer pot is thinning?........
we signed CUCU on a free last year the last signing in for the summer - it makes me wonder if only one and a loan is coming in ?......

No batshuayi or loftus-cheek in Chelsea squad today.

Might not mean much, but if they were definitely staying you'd have thought either make the bench ahead of Tammy Abraham or Danny drinkwater.

Interesting .....
Loftus-cheek if he goes will be over to Europe, he has been open about it, besides don't think he is back training until tomorow anyway

He wouldn't be my first choice if we only sign one centre back, it would be a big gamble to throw him straight into the Premier League alongside the absolute crappers we have on our books currently.

He shouldn't be too hard to get though given that Koln got relegated and he has talent for sure. If we do manage to acquire a real solid centre back before the deadline I'd definitely be in favour of bringing in Mere as well, although I've just checked and he did get sent off in their first game this season.
I think he's a good passer of the ball. We need that at CB. Sick of seeing Keane roll it to full back and they hit it up the line or Jagielka wait two seconds for someone to move to the ball then punt it away.

Well Ronk had to sort the mess made by Fraudio but only succeeded in making worse. As for this window we dont need anymore goal threats just defensive options, its a massive worry at the back.
Ha Ha ha. Our WC star ex-manager left Koeman the cash to spend and a squad full of players he taught how to find feet...and he blew the lot on duds and had them all lumping it long.

If as you say we need a different type of attacker, which I'd agree Cenk is not 'that' sort of CF, thenarent there better options out there than a 30 year old carthorse who was never very good in the first place.
I am sure we could unearth a plan B CF from either the lower divisions , Scotland or even an Eastern European league.
...then we need to do exactly that because we'll have a lot of games when we're facing a well set defence bottling our approach play. We need another approach at that stage.

So when did you change your mind? I have just read posts where you said Keane was good enough to play for any team in the top 4 and that he was better than John Stones. What did you see in him at that time? They are archived so can’t be quoted, but I did like them so you know the ones I am referring to.

To be fair he consistently chats wham. lol

Tosun is absolute garbage, always said it, having said that he’s not our main problem at the minute.
always liked the boy cenk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back