Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm in agreement with you, but what would you do with DCL? I'm fine with sending him out on loan, but how much for a target guy? Deeney I'm not a fan of, but could we get a cut rate deal on someone like Slimani? I know, people hate him, but he works like Oumar and is much more physical and good in the air.

It's not a bad idea, but I cannot image we have enough time to pull that off when we so badly need a CB (maybe two) and a CM.
DCL is a League One/Championship player. Get shut of him. I dont know who the target man would be but the need is there for one as most teams have one and we dont. Since Lukaku left we've been powder puff up front.

So when did you change your mind? I have just read posts where you said Keane was good enough to play for any team in the top 4 and that he was better than John Stones. What did you see in him at that time? They are archived so can’t be quoted, but I did like them so you know the ones I am referring to.
In fairness I think we are all guilty of prematurely praising the guy early doors last summer. I'm sure @Zatara will forgive me but I seem to recall him saying that Keane and Van Dijk would form the best central defensive partnership in world football. Not many of us were as effusive as Zat, but there weren't many calling him out as a fraud either.

Clutching at straws, slow News day!!!

Most of the decent journos must be covering the charity shield today (refuse to use the stupid new name). Hopefully everything swings into action tomorrow....

No, i’m with you. RLC was back training on Monday, so surprised he ain’t in the squad. Definitely a possibility I think.

In fairness I think we are all guilty of prematurely praising the guy early doors last summer. I'm sure @Zatara will forgive me but I seem to recall him saying that Keane and Van Dijk would form the best central defensive partnership in world football. Not many of us were as effusive as Zat, but there weren't many calling him out as a fraud either.
@sageyefc was calling best signing of the summer and calling for captaincy.

I’m trying to bring other critics into the spotlight here while I slip out the back door.

It’s called knee jerking/bedwetting... it’s what the majority of people in here do when we do/don’t sign a player. Absolute melts everywhere.... it’s embarrassing

I'd take Scott Dann and Ryan Shawcross right now like.

I'd take Shawcross too,i did mention him this time last year when we were in a similar mess regarding our centre halves and left sided defenders.
No he isnt ever going to be a worldie, but he is a steady player who could do a job for us while we take our time and find the next Beckenbauer/ Moore/Ratcliffe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back