Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha Ha ha. Our WC star ex-manager left Koeman the cash to spend and a squad full of players he taught how to find feet...and he blew the lot on duds and had them all lumping it long.
lollollollollol..the gift that keeps on giving. Pure comedy gold this...keep 'em coming

There is a perverse logic to this, if we had to go Route One, someone like Deeney might tick the box.
Even Roberto saw sense in the end and threw Fellaini on against Japan when Plan A was useless.

Let's hope Silva (who should know the benefit of having a physical presence up front) sorts this out (although I guess CB is now his priority).

No mate, Mosh then Brands in that order of responsibility. If Mosh has said X-funds are available, go hire, then it's all on Brands if we fail to sign a quality CB.
We have had to offload players -hopefully that's the reason it's held us up buying - my worry is why give the Stek a contract who was 3rd choice keeper, and has been injury prone with his knees is that the transfer pot is thinning?........
we signed CUCU on a free last year the last signing in for the summer - it makes me wonder if only one and a loan is coming in ?......

Thing is.

2 years ago we chased players like witsel Mata and birihimi and failed to get any of them and we all blamed the statute of the club being the issue . It was elstone and kenwright in charge of that

Last year we needed a centre half and a striker and koeman mentioned it after every game. We failed to get either. Walsh was in charge with kenwright above him .

This year with literally less than a week to go we are scrambling for a centre half and it's not selling players the issue as 3 centre Half's are gone now. Brands is in charge but kenwright has been mentioned by brands.

What's the one constant in the past 3 summers? 3 years we have struggled to get players in when it has been a key position and 3 years later nothing has changed. 2 director of football and 2 different managers and yet the same issue lies within the transfer market.

I don't doubt we will sign a centre half but I can guarantee you if it isn't mina then we are not getting who we want which makes the window a failure, going for whoever we can get in the end .

But the fact still remains the failure in the market despite the off pitch staff changing has to have a constant and it's kenwright , always has been and always will be. And the worst thing is about all of this , we are failing yet another manager , not getting him exactly what he wants in key areas, which is a joke to consistently do it year on year.

Players out isn't an issue. We can easily ship bolasie Sandro schneiderlin, vlasic , half the in-between reserve players , lookman (if he so wishes) overseas paying half their wages on loan and still make a massive saving wage wise.

This isn't me moaning, just fed up of this every summer when it's clearer each year why it keeps happening . We shouldn't be 5 days or so from the end of the window with so little recruitment in key areas still, it's painfully obvious that Silva has asked for at least 2 positions that we haven't delivered on.

Yet it will be Silva that the club turn on first again when he struggles like koeman last season and Mr true blue will be still sat in the boardroom running this club into the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back