Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance of that after Bernard

We will already struggle to accommodate Bernard, Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Walcott and Tosun in the same team (we also have Lookman who we need to give games to this season). Another expensive forward seems daft at this point unless one of those above leaves (and I quite like all of them to various degrees).

Best we can hope for now is a centre back or two, a centre mid and maybe a striker on loan (Slimani seems a likely candidate here). Reckon we get two of those four possibles.

Gueye
Sig. Bernard.

Walcott. Lozano
Richarlison

Tosun off the bench

Is Pennington and Holgate that bad a central pairing?

Spend the money in January instead. We’ll soon catch up to 17th

Brands job is to systematically bring down the age of the squad. He should not be spending huge fees on guys around 30. Our big money moves need to be for younger players who will either give long term service or bring big profits down the line.

I get your point mate but bringing down the age doesnt mean every player he signs is going to be young.

The key to success is a mix blend of youth, players in their prime and one or 2 older heads who offer experience.

Barry was our best midfielder that magical 1st season under Martinez and he was 32

Ronaldo has gone to Juventus for massive money and he's slowly on the decline

Plenty of examples I can use but Nzonzi coming in at 29 wouldn't be a bad deal in the slightest - he gives the club 2-3 solid seasons in which if we qualify for the CL in that time we can invest in a quality replacement in his prime.

At present unless Usmanov comes on board we havent the pull or money to bring in a rolls royce midfielder especially without European footballto offer so Nzonzi would be a sensible signing you could argue.

Doubt it'll happen anyway but he's miles ahead of our current midfield and supposed target N'Diaye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back