Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gueye
Sig. Bernard.

Walcott. Lozano
Richarlison

Tosun off the bench

That’s a terrible plan, a bit like how we played till February, with no focal point for the attack, just wingers crossing the ball to no one and our midfield getting the ball to the edge of the opposition box and losing possession....

When will people learn, you need an actual striker on the pitch, to lead the line, occupy the CB’s, hold the ball up, bring others into play, get on the end of crosses, win balls in the air and to put the ball in the back of the net. We have Tosun to do that, he has to start.

Brazilian press, with quotes from his agent, reported Bernard will earn €120k per week with us, about £100k.

Which is probably true, but when they were talking about how much he is earning they were probably factoring in his signing on fee, which will be huge as he's on a free.

So, depending on his signing on fee, he may be earning 200k a week.

Aye, the risk that he may not be good enough to get ahead of Schneiderlin or Gana. I could just see him sat on our bench.

Happy to be proven wrong, but haven’t seen anything to suggest he would get in the team.

All conjecture. He's not been offered to us but he is available. Worth a discussion anyway.

That’s a terrible plan, a bit like how we played till February, with no focal point for the attack, just wingers crossing the ball to no one and our midfield getting the ball to the edge of the opposition box and losing possession....

When will people learn, you need an actual striker on the pitch, to lead the line, occupy the CB’s, hold the ball up, bring others into play, get on the end of crosses, win balls in the air and to put the ball in the back of the net. We have Tosun to do that, he has to start.

There’s no way we’d actually line up with the side I put but I do think we’ll see Richarlison up front at times and I think he’ll be good there. I believe he played there on occasion when he was younger.

Lozano coming in for Lookman (as unlikely as it is) would make us stronger.

Because simply put our central defence and central midfield are very very poor and its going to take more than 1 CB to have us solid at the back.

Mina is also young and relatively inexperienced and will need time to settle in the Prem its too much of an ask to expect him to come in and put in Cannavaro esque performances.

Preferably we need a 2nd CB or a CDM who can shield that back 4 more than Morgan who lets attack after attack fly past him.
You didnt say "to have us solid", you said a CB wouldnt improve our defence.

If we are no better with a new CB than we are with what we currently have, whats the point in signing one?

You didnt say "to have us solid", you said a CB wouldnt improve our defence.

If we are no better with a new CB than we are with what we currently have, whats the point in signing one?

We will be improved... however thats not good if it means we only lose games 2-1 rather than 3-1 mate. Alladyce himself said we werent good enough at the back to play open and he was right and its shown in pre season.

Not even Maldini in his prime could have come in and solves our problems we need a complete new central spine imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back