Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dowell would absolutely not suffice. He struggled at times in the championship and we can't be heaping pressure on the kid if we have aspirations of top 6 (see one Ross Barkley).

Don't feel sorry for him mate. This was never a 1 window fix, or indeed a one season fix. We have signed some good players at a great age so far, and others we are a linked with are of a similar ilk. Id say the future is bright should we continue on the road of signing exciting players under 25. We just need that cb to make us all feel that bit more comfortable.
Dowell needs to be on the bench and deputising at every opportunity for Sigurdsson. That should have been the move this season. Bernard is not crucial. We could well do without him for our purposes this season.

The manager makes that point and I tend to agree with him. It's unfair to ask him to fashion a team from the tripe Koeman landed him with and then getting none of his defensive targets until a week ago and now waiting on the key position of CB to be filled.

Add in BFS.

You need a mix, facts are we cant afford the top players in their prime at present like your Kovacic, Jorginho's so sometimes we have to bring in someone who's 28/29.

People go on like the blokes 33/34.

Some people go on like he’s the lovechild of Makelele and Kante.

Dowell needs to be on the bench and deputising at every opportunity for Sigurdsson. That should have been the move this season. Bernard is not crucial. We could well do without him for our purposes this season.

If not this season, he would not be available in the next.

The manager makes that point and I tend to agree with him. It's unfair to ask him to fashion a team from the tripe Koeman landed him with and then getting none of his defensive targets until a week ago and now waiting on the key position of CB to be filled.

I said from the start getting Koeman was an utter waste of at least two seasons....a pointless appointment. I didn't expect it to be as horrific as it turned out though.

No, it's going to take a few windows to correct the mistakes of Koeman. However, we needed to be further on in the window by this point. The defence is shocking and even if we do add to it it'll take some in-season organising that'll set us back months.

Tend to agree with Dave, we should have had a CB and CM in by now and bedded in. Hanging our hat on Mina who is unproven and may not adapt to this league or even come is a very dangerous strategy.

Tend to agree with Dave, we should have had a CB and CM in by now and bedded in. Hanging our hat on Mina who is unproven and may not adapt to this league or even come is a very dangerous strategy.
If you don't like the Mina signing then any signing we could make at CB you could find a reason to criticize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back