Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive replied in @catcherintherye thread...

If walcott was rated as highly as richarlison then why did double the attacks come down the left? Walcott will be sold by end of next summer window and replaced. We wont keep 30 year olds who can bring decent fees.

We need a top notch forward, a quick Henry type so we can break at speed all across the front

We need a centre mid or defensive anchor who can be the deep playmaker. If we had neves instead of Schneiderlin wed be laughing. Tielemans..

Jags and baines off end of the season.

Were 3 players short in the first 11 and that wont take long to fix

It’s ok to criticise, but to condemn and sell Walcott after first game back from injury and without a proper pre season is utter madness.

Iceland and Walcott wont be going anywhere, cease with this madness, certainly not in Jan.

Jags and Baines are out of contract at the end of the season, doubt they will be given a new contract, but ive seen stranger things.

Suspect ST and CM will be the areas we look to improve next Summer, be surprised if we address them in Jan.

Doubt SniderRat will be moved on till hes replaced.

Yeah I was thinking this yesterday, next Summer we'll need to splash out on a proper 20+ goal striker, a starting centre back (May be Zouma) and then that box to box accompanied by a couple of backups.

Yeah I was thinking this yesterday, next Summer we'll need to splash out on a proper 20+ goal striker, a starting centre back (May be Zouma) and then that box to box accompanied by a couple of backups.

Might be able to pick up a few loans in Jan.

But we still need to offload a few from the wage bill.

Plus we have Henry hopefully to come back.

Might be able to pick up a few loans in Jan.

But we still need to offload a few from the wage bill.

Plus we have Henry hopefully to come back.

Yeah, think we'll only need one or two in Jan at most, if any business, it'll probaly be more looking at shifting wages off the books in Jan. Depends how are three strikers are doing I suppose.

Good thought for sure, but who do you reckon we could attract to fill this role?

Not too sure...its such a tricky position

It’s ok to criticise, but to condemn and sell Walcott after first game back from injury and without a proper pre season is utter madness.

Or i could be doing the same as before he signed + when he was going missing last season

He wants to sell him purely due to his age mate, thats the only reason.

Yawn

Gomes is going to replace Morgan and Walcott was a bit rusty. That's why we got Bernard and Lookman. Bernard is also nasty. He might be our best player.

You have even said yourself that you think we should sell him cos hes 30 next season.

Of course...can get our money back on a player who is injury prone + offers nothing aside from pace and the odd finish.

Compare him to Richarlison and theres no contest.

Sigurdsson is the same in the sense that he doesnt offer enough for the transfer fee we could receive or the wages + nor is he going to take the team up a level.

Of course...can get our money back on a player who is injury prone + offers nothing aside from pace and the odd finish.

Compare him to Richarlison and theres no contest.

Sigurdsson is the same in the sense that he doesnt offer enough for the transfer fee we could receive or the wages + nor is he going to take the team up a level.

Yeah but sadly I doubt anybody would buy them and both would cost loads to replace.

Lets just see what they contribute during the season and take it from there, but im almost certain Brands is already looking at replacements for every player in the squad, its a process.

For me Walcott and Iceland are 2 of our better players, currently anyway, neither played well yesterday, but its 1 game, if they continue to play poorly we thankfully have other options. Right Wing for 1 is a bit of an issue, we had nobody to really replace Walcott today, other than Sandro on the bench, really could have done with another option, think Bernard is going to take a few weeks to get his fitness and God knows where Lookman is, so before we start thinking of selling Walcott and Iceland, we ideally should have somebody to replace them with.

Yeah but sadly I doubt anybody would buy them and both would cost loads to replace.

Lets just see what they contribute during the season and take it from there, but im almost certain Brands is already looking at replacements for every player in the squad, its a process.

For me Walcott and Iceland are 2 of our better players, currently anyway, neither played well yesterday, but its 1 game, if they continue to play poorly we thankfully have other options. Right Wing for 1 is a bit of an issue, we had nobody to really replace Walcott today, other than Sandro on the bench, really could have done with another option, think Bernard is going to take a few weeks to get his fitness and God knows where Lookman is, so before we start thinking of selling Walcott and Iceland, we ideally should have somebody to replace them with.

I dont think it would be hard to sell them for decent fees.

It will be hard to find a club to pay their wages (walcott to southampton?) and for them to agree to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back