Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully once a few more of the fringe players are moved on before the end of the August, Brands will start looking at permanent options up top.

I like Tosun, Niasse is a hard worker and will get a few goals and DCL is a growing prospect, but we do need a different option up front to challenge the starting XI.

Of course...can get our money back on a player who is injury prone + offers nothing aside from pace and the odd finish.

Compare him to Richarlison and theres no contest.

Sigurdsson is the same in the sense that he doesnt offer enough for the transfer fee we could receive or the wages + nor is he going to take the team up a level.
Agree, thought it was a pointless short term signing at the time. I’m sure we’ll move him on at the end of the season. There’s not many attacking pacy players 30 plus in the top six teams for a reason.

Ive replied in @catcherintherye thread...

If walcott was rated as highly as richarlison then why did double the attacks come down the left? Walcott will be sold by end of next summer window and replaced. We wont keep 30 year olds who can bring decent fees.

We need a top notch forward, a quick Henry type so we can break at speed all across the front

We need a centre mid or defensive anchor who can be the deep playmaker. If we had neves instead of Schneiderlin wed be laughing. Tielemans..

Jags and baines off end of the season.

Were 3 players short in the first 11 and that wont take long to fix

Onyekuru will come into contention next season. I would also like us to sign lozano.

This season gives Davies and Baningime a great opportunity to prove themselves.

I am sure Brands and Silva will be on top of the situation of team structure.

Agree, thought it was a pointless short term signing at the time. I’m sure we’ll move him on at the end of the season. There’s not many attacking pacy players 30 plus in the top six teams for a reason.

It was a ridiculous short term signing by Allardyce.

He was even quoted as saying we dont want yoing players, we want players ready now. Delusional.

Walcott simply has to go in Jan to a desperate team fighting relegation.

Onyekuru will come into contention next season. I would also like us to sign lozano.

This season gives Davies and Baningime a great opportunity to prove themselves.

I am sure Brands and Silva will be on top of the situation of team structure.

Very good point about Onyekuru. I totally forgot about him + his stats are very good and Valencia wanted to buy him a few weeks back...

Lookman + Richarlison + Onyekuru + Bernard + Lozano has so much pace...very exciting!!

I hope we sell Schneiderlin...Davies is so young and needs work...but Baningime should be starting or rotating with Gana now.

If Gomes works, we shouldn't need one as a priority

We will eventually. It's a position we are missing a player in for sure, but you can't solve everything in one window. I think we'd all love an elite striker, too, but Tosun is fine for now and someone else would be cost prohibitive.

But yeah, put Doucoure in that squad or someone that can win and carry a ball forward, and it looks pretty darn good. Gomes is a decent attempt at that, though, and think he'll be really good.

I hate to make snap judgements on signings and it will take some time for West Ham's players to get up to speed, but they better pray to the heavens that Diop is really good because although I think Fabianski is a good signing, he's going to be target practice with this awful defense in front of him.

Hopefully once a few more of the fringe players are moved on before the end of the August, Brands will start looking at permanent options up top.

I like Tosun, Niasse is a hard worker and will get a few goals and DCL is a growing prospect, but we do need a different option up front to challenge the starting XI.
Obviously depends on the money. But hopefully Brands will spend this season . looking for a striker, midfielder maybe 2 abs a centre back for next season.

Obviously at the back things could change with Keane and Holgate improving, and obviously who knows what might happen with Zouma.

But to kick on, the spine still need improvement, especially in centre midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back