Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via tv subscriptions, going to games and buying club merchandise i do my bit.

But seriously i didnt want the club sepnding 45mil on a player that i didnt rate and would have no resale value in 4 years. Moshiri isnt a bottomless pit of cash so every time some is wasted it lowers our chances of reaching our goals. The top 6 clubs that have double the revenue can afford to make the odd mistake on a player we cant. An even when they do they get some mugs like us to take them off there hands.

Resale value again doesn't mean anything in today's market/game. We need to stop worrying about resales and look to improve now, yes I agree with you morishi isn't an endless supply but at the same time he isn't an idiot, he wouldn't give us 200m if he wasn't certain he would get it back, I think he's already got a huge chunk of that money back just from the broadcasting.
Each player we bring in has to be an improvement/ an improvement in the near future.

The point is there are players that need to go before the likes of Jags,Rooney,Niasse, & DCL...

Please see my list....

Jags & Rooney got one more season in them & can play a role next season...
DCL is one of our best young prospects why would we sell...
Niasse has showed he can be useful as a squad player...
I would keep jags, but only as 3rd/4th choice and I don’t think he will be happy with that. We need to spend big on a powerful, pacy CB and give Keane another season, I would rather get rid of mori. I think Holgate will turn out to be a quality player, but still a couple of seasons away.

And it’s similar to Rooney I would get rid, I don’t think his pride would take him sitting on the bench every week. And the new manager doesn’t need the headache of the Rooney question at every press conference. It hasn’t worked out let’s move on.

Resale value again doesn't mean anything in today's market/game. We need to stop worrying about resales and look to improve now, yes I agree with you morishi isn't an endless supply but at the same time he isn't an idiot, he wouldn't give us 200m if he wasn't certain he would get it back, I think he's already got a huge chunk of that money back just from the broadcasting.
Each player we bring in has to be an improvement/ an improvement in the near future.

Buying someone with the idea that he'll have re-sale value just perpetuates the fact we're a stepping stone club. We need to start thinking we can actually keep players.

Moshiri cant take money out the club, so he hasnt got any of his money back.

He wont get a return until the stadium is built and if we improve.

And the club does have a bottomless pile of cash, we have just thrown 300m up a wall the last 2 years, but it wont effect us going forward, cos like every other club in the league, we are minted thanks to Sky.

A lot of talk saying that Fekir is off to them lot this summer :oops:.

I hope we make the right moves this window, so many mistakes in recent years.

No chance you can get rid of either.

Jags is the only part of central defence that we can still rely on. Niasse scores goals regardless of how he or the team are playing.

There are too many gaps to plug to find time to replace those two this summer.

No. Jagielka will be 36 at the start of next season, if he’s anywhere near the match day squad then we’ve done something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back