Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry the only place he`s going to, is the Championship.

This season he has progressed well...

281 minutes ...per goal...

1967 mins played.... 7 goals ....6 assists....

Good progression from the youngster 21yrs...

Expect more again next season...

New manager hopefully will have some belief in this promising speedy forward...

With or without Fekir we aren't competing with Liverpool either.

This is daft mate.
We must compete regardless. What’s the point of everything if catching them is never part of our objective?

For sure we’re facing a gap but they build this gap base on only 2 years under Klopp, if we can’t aspire to do the same in the near future what’s the point of Everton Football club?

DCL is still growing and still progressing. Very highly thought of as an international at youth level yet the experts on here want him shipped out. Beggars belief.

Who’s destroying his confidence? You’ve just said yourself what needs to happen. Loan him out for a season or two and see if he can progress because right now he’s not good enough. Potential, sure. Good enough today? No way.
That’s not being unsupportive. That’s being realistic.

Loan him out....no way

Can be a very useful squad player for us next season..

Loaning him out to championship will not help him, he needs to be challenged at the top level...

This I daft mate.
We must compete regardless. What’s the point of everything if catching them is never part of our objective?

For sure we’re facing a gap but they build this gap base on only 2 years under Klopp, if we can’t aspire to do the same in the near future what’s the point of Everton Football club?

Liverpool’s starting point under Klopp was much further forward than ours is now. Our squad needs a complete overhaul.

They’re in the fortunate position where they only need to add a couple of players and can be very selective with this. They also have the added attraction of champions league football and like it or not, being a bigger name than we are.

No one has said we won’t try our best to close the gap but we’re no where near to their level at the moment so shouldn’t be comparing their signings to ours.

Its actually better than that ratio when played up front or left side as opposed to some weird roles he had last season.

This is daft mate.

Never said we aren't trying to bridge it I'm just saying we won't yet.

Doesn't even do that half the time. Plenty of times in the second half of last season where he looked like he couldn't be arsed.

I also don't understand when people say he's fast, he's not he's just not slow.

Oh, right. Well can you please tell me when he was fast? Because I remember see him getting out ran by plenty of slow cb last season

So is he now slow again??

With him being out paced plenty of times by slow centre backs.

I’m confused here....

Some of you have short memories of our “tactics” from last season. About all I seem to remember is us hoofing the ball 60 yards to a ST surrounded by 4 or 5 defenders, and when it didn’t work a manager who simply said they couldn’t pass the ball to each other. I don’t think we can safely say that any player from the squad progressed in any meaningful way last year. Going forward with Brands and Silva in place and a new system could make some of these boys look like completely different players.

We shall see, but I suspect you may be disappointed.

Loan him out....no way

Can be a very useful squad player for us next season..

Loaning him out to championship will not help him, he needs to be challenged at the top level...
You know there are leagues that aren’t the Championship and Prem teams that might be willing to take him on? If you think he’s good enough right now that’s your prerogative. Personally I don’t like strikers who struggle to finish chances. He’s third choice for me right now and that’s before we do our summer business.

We shall see, but I suspect you may be disappointed.

Respect your opinions coybl25...

He just needs the belief & killer instinct then the lad can be an awesome prospect...
The lad has got it all speed,strength,goals,assists & good in the air...
I have high hopes for the lad he is still young & it will take time...

You know there are leagues that aren’t the Championship and Prem teams that might be willing to take him on? If you think he’s good enough right now that’s your prerogative. Personally I don’t like strikers who struggle to finish chances. He’s third choice for me right now and that’s before we do our summer business.

Scored 7 goals & got 6 assists this season...
Expect an improvement on that next season so why would we loan him out & let some other premiership club benefit it would be madness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back