Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lad is absolutely bang average.

He’s the best player in the country for his age in his position. He scored the winning goal in a World Cup final that every player his age and below could play in.

He’s an exceptionally good young player, who, being they style of player he is, will go from strength to strength as he matures.

You may not rate him but to say he is bang average just makes you look a bit of a fool really.

Liverpool’s starting point under Klopp was much further forward than ours is now. Our squad needs a complete overhaul.

They’re in the fortunate position where they only need to add a couple of players and can be very selective with this. They also have the added attraction of champions league football and like it or not, being a bigger name than we are.

No one has said we won’t try our best to close the gap but we’re no where near to their level at the moment so shouldn’t be comparing their signings to ours.

The gap is not impossible to match in a couple of season. The way we overhaul our club and the way we throw cash around means we must/have to catch them in a few season. Anything else is deem insufficient.

At some point we do have to match them in every aspect and that include signing players. Take out their 4 best players and they are not much better than us.
All we need is 2 good transfer window and things will change.
We cannot persist with the attitude of we’re Everton we should know our place and therefore stay away from players like Kluivert, sessognon, tierney. Let’s just recruit from TOP 6 cast off and let them use our money to buy world class players.
This mindset is so entrench in our club from top to bottom and it’s holding us back.

Scored 7 goals & got 6 assists this season...
Expect an improvement on that next season so why would we loan him out & let some other premiership club benefit it would be madness...

Two goals against league 1 Sunderland, and one against a Euro team not even at that level.

His Prem goals have been sitters or deflections.

Needs loaning out as he’s nowhere near the level required for a team aiming for the top 6.

He’s the best player in the country for his age in his position. He scored the winning goal in a World Cup final that every player his age and below could play in.

He’s an exceptionally good young player, who, being they style of player he is, will go from strength to strength as he matures.

You may not rate him but to say he is bang average just makes you look a bit of a fool really.
Doesn’t really make me look like a fool at all as he has been bang average for us so don’t see how you can say any different.

...if Silva comes in, i’d be very surprised if he hasn’t fully analysed the current crop and will have a view on who to move on, especially if the right offer comes in.

You would hope. Jags should be kept to help the youngsters, Baines needs challenging, snides can be a squad player and was quality last season and needs motivating. Keane again has been very poor but with a class strong cb next to him could be great like at Burnley or we get rid.

Honestly, to say someone is a fool for saying hes average is to make yourself out to look like a fool yourself. Because we ALL watched the games this year, and the amount of easy opportunities that he not only missed, but missed badly, were amazing.

You talk about him going from strength to strength when he matures, the problem is his strengths are things like winning headers, and his weakness is finishing. The one strength a striker SHOULD have is finishing. I hope he pans out, but thats a bad sign, and right now he is an average player, and below average striker for a top 6 team.

Scored 7 goals & got 6 assists this season...
Expect an improvement on that next season so why would we loan him out & let some other premiership club benefit it would be madness...
Four goals in the prem and a lot of missed chances. Don’t let that get in your way though.

Compare that to Niasse who scored twice that in half the time or Tosun who bettered that in less than half a season. Now tell me why Dom should be in the mix for playing time.

He’s really not that good yet.

Doesn’t really make me look like a fool at all as he has been bang average for us so don’t see how you can say any different.

You said he’s bang average full stop, you never said he’s been bang average for us but even that I’d dispute.

I think his influence has been excellent for a young lad, playing the style he does in the very physical league and it will only get better.

Two goals against league 1 Sunderland, and one against a Euro team not even at that level.

His Prem goals have been sitters or deflections.

Needs loaning out as he’s nowhere near the level required for a team aiming for the top 6.

A goal is a goal...
It does not matter how it is scored it will still win the game...
Made good contributions this season expect that to improve next season...
Can be a good squad player for us next season why would we put him on loan...

Honestly, to say someone is a fool for saying hes average is to make yourself out to look like a fool yourself. Because we ALL watched the games this year, and the amount of easy opportunities that he not only missed, but missed badly, were amazing.

You talk about him going from strength to strength when he matures, the problem is his strengths are things like winning headers, and his weakness is finishing. The one strength a striker SHOULD have is finishing. I hope he pans out, but thats a bad sign, and right now he is an average player, and below average striker for a top 6 team.

It is foolish to say he’s bang average when he’s one of the best players in the world, for his age, in his position.

In fact it’s absurd thing to say.

He’s a kid who all the managers who work with him rate. He’s going to be a top player.

Four goals in the prem and a lot of missed chances. Don’t let that get in your way though.

Compare that to Niasse who scored twice that in half the time or Tosun who bettered that in less than half a season. Now tell me why Dom should be in the mix for tplaying time.

He’s really not that good yet.

Can I refer you to my previous answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back