Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said he’s bang average full stop, you never said he’s been bang average for us but even that I’d dispute.

I think his influence has been excellent for a young lad, playing the style he does in the very physical league and it will only get better.
He is average in my opinion and he has been average for us this season. The fact Niasse has done more when played in limited spells tells you everything. Only looked half decent on the wing because Bolasie has been horrendous. If we want to move on to the next bracket in league he is unfortunately not going to make he cut, the same as Davies as well. Most of these lads who do well at England youth level don’t necessary gone on to do much later on in their careers. I hope he improves dramatically but at the moment I see him at a lower Prem team or even the Championship.

It is foolish to say he’s bang average when he’s one of the best players in the world, for his age, in his position.

In fact it’s absurd thing to say.

He’s a kid who all the managers who work with him rate. He’s going to be a top player.
Sorry mate but the best player in the world at his age is ridiculous. If he is that good then we should expect all the top teams in Europe after him in the summer? Never going to happen.

7 goals and 6 assists and people slagging him off, what do you want from him?!!?!? He's 21 years old, Also played in the worst Everton teams we've had for a while most of it being on right/left wing. Some people just expect way too much on here.

Scored 7 goals & got 6 assists this season...
Expect an improvement on that next season so why would we loan him out & let some other premiership club benefit it would be madness...
Ambitious but I wouldn't expect much more. He played WAAYYYYY too many minutes last year to begin with.

The gap is not impossible to match in a couple of season. The way we overhaul our club and the way we throw cash around means we must/have to catch them in a few season. Anything else is deem insufficient.

At some point we do have to match them in every aspect and that include signing players. Take out their 4 best players and they are not much better than us.
All we need is 2 good transfer window and things will change.
We cannot persist with the attitude of we’re Everton we should know our place and therefore stay away from players like Kluivert, sessognon, tierney. Let’s just recruit from TOP 6 cast off and let them use our money to buy world class players.
This mindset is so entrench in our club from top to bottom and it’s holding us back.

Take out there 4 best players? So tale out 38% of there team?

This summer needs to be the summer last year should have been. We nee to improve the defence but also have more speed and creativity going forward. The amount of players this realistically is will be 5 plus a new manager and system makes next season more of development season than a closing the gap to the current top 5. Arsenal willie in the same boat (plus they need a keeper) so their position is the target.

I'd not look at anyone from a relegated team, I wouldn't look at players from Holland for this window. I'd forgot what Man Unired are discarding but - depending on budgets;

Memphis Depay has now rebuilt his confidence and will add pace and goals. Pay him more than he can get in France.

Maguire from Leicester - now in the England squad - will want a higher profile club.

Lascelles and Shelvey - take advantage of Newcastle's mess

They could all be reasonable targets to help the upgrade.

7 goals and 6 assists and people slagging him off, what do you want from him?!!?!? He's 21 years old, Also played in the worst Everton teams we've had for a while most of it being on right/left wing. Some people just expect way too much on here.
16 appearances when starting though last season up front and only scored 2 goals from there isn’t the best. Did get 2 from coming off from the bench as well in the Prem. I hope he does turn out to be something but some people are just way over hyping the lad off the England glory. He is currently an average player with a lot to improve on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back