Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's just one journalist making up a link but £70m for Martial? He's a decent player that would improve a lot of teams but has he really done enough to double his transfer value from the £36m Man Utd paid for him 3 years ago?

I hope this is a link that dies a death.

https://www.footballfancast.com/pre...ake-anthony-martial-his-first-everton-signing

He's not worth 70m but he's absolutely top quality. We couldn't bring him in I don't think because, should he become available, bigger and better clubs will be in for him.

Brilliant wasn't it.
No wonder though is it. He gets 8 minutes a game to try and do something. Lukaku does sweet FA but bags regularly.

Imagine Martial up there for the mighty Blues mate. IMAGINE.

Absolute dream signing he would be... Would love it, think he would come with a chip on his shoulder wanting to prove everyone wrong, including Mourinho - nice type of motivation that.

but...

never happening.

...tends to cut in from wide areas rather than play as a conventional striker. Not sure that’s his natural, preferred position or just where United play him. Don’t recall much in the way of back to goal or aerial technique.

Ziyech is 25 and still in Holland,no one from the top leagues has bought him and he is in the biggest shop window in Holland playing for Ajax.

Looks to be another Klassen to me.

The best talents in Holland leave in the late teens and early 20's,someone still playing at 25 at Ajax doesn't fill me with confidence.

Suarez was 24.
RVN was 25 (24 if you take the original age before injury delayed the transfer).
Vertonghen was 25.

Etc.

I know it's just one journalist making up a link but £70m for Martial? He's a decent player that would improve a lot of teams but has he really done enough to double his transfer value from the £36m Man Utd paid for him 3 years ago?

I hope this is a link that dies a death.

https://www.footballfancast.com/pre...ake-anthony-martial-his-first-everton-signing
The Martial deal had some easy adds ons that have been met.

United have declined to comment on the document, which first appeared on website Football Leaks and claims to show the details of the French forward's move between the clubs in the summer transfer window.

The document says the initial fee of 50m Euros (£38.5m) for the player is to be paid in two instalments - €20m (£15.4m) within three days of his transfer, and €30m (£23.1m) on July 1.

There are then three further potential payments - €10m (£7.7m) if the player scores 25 first-team goals for Manchester United, €10m (£7.7m) if Martial makes 25 appearances for the French national team and €10m (£7.7m) more if the player is ever nominated for the Ballon d'Or award.

...tends to cut in from wide areas rather than play as a conventional striker. Not sure that’s his natural, preferred position or just where United play him. Don’t recall much in the way of back to goal or aerial technique.

Played best for Monaco in a two with Berbatov leading the line and he was the second striker. Imagine if they’d have kept him and fielded Martial Mbappe Lemar. Wow.

Suarez was 24.
RVN was 25 (24 if you take the original age before injury delayed the transfer).
Vertonghen was 25.

Etc.
Suarez turned a lot of clubs off him from his antics in that world cup semi and his very first biting incident,i remember Spurs and Inter being linked with him before that world cup.

I didn't realise RVN moved so late,i thought he was early 20's when he joined United,he was a brillant signing and well worth waiting a season after that ACL.

Suarez turned a lot of clubs off him from his antics in that world cup semi and his very first biting incident,i remember Spurs and Inter being linked with him before that world cup.

I didn't realise RVN moved so late,i thought he was early 20's when he joined United,he was a brillant signing and well worth waiting a season after that ACL.

Basically you were wrong, as you often are. Don't worry about it, nobody listens to you anyway.

Ziyech is 25 and still in Holland,no one from the top leagues has bought him and he is in the biggest shop window in Holland playing for Ajax.

Looks to be another Klassen to me.

The best talents in Holland leave in the late teens and early 20's,someone still playing at 25 at Ajax doesn't fill me with confidence.
No one took a punt on suarez either and look how he turned out

Throw everything at Martial and play him through the middle.

do you think he would replicate what lukaku did for us ?? genuine question.

haven't really seen enough of him in prem, only ever seems to get 20 mins, and out wide normally

do you think he would replicate what lukaku did for us ?? genuine question.

haven't really seen enough of him in prem, only ever seems to get 20 mins, and out wide normally
I don't see why not.

He doesn't seem to have the same instinctive finishing, but he's on a completely different level to Lukaku as a pure footballer.

Talent-wise, a manager couldn't ask for much more to work with.

We actually have four players currently in our 'first team' - Davies, Rooney, Jagielka and Baines - who all came through the ranks at Everton. Yes, Jags and Baines both left for first-team footy, but they started at Everton. Ross was a key player for us until his agent got to him.

Dowell is a real talent, needs to be handled correctly though. Baningime has broken through this season and will hopefully be even more involved.

In terms of giving young players a chance we're at the top of the league.

Our academy is one of the best in Britain. Maybe that's not saying much, and there's always room for improvement, but we don't do bad.

Also produced osman, Duffy is a prem player , kenny will be a prem player IMO.

Baines, jags and Barton left because we folded the age group they were playing in I thought? Not for game time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back