Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats my only issue with young players.

90% of the time they dont live up to the hype, the footballing world is littered with the next best thing, most of them playing 2nd level football.

10% go on to be good solid players and around 1% actually go on to become bangers.

So to me, saying an 18 year old has World Class talent is totally meaningless.

Especially when they're Dutch.

I think you’re now confusing talent and ability. A 12 year old can have world class talent. What is done with that talent is a different thing.

But surely all 18 year olds footballers have world class talent then?

Anyway, its a moot point, De Ligt is Spurs bound.

No goat. Talent is a natural ability to do something. Are you indicating all footballers have the same natural footballing ability?

I just take issue with calling an 18 year old that isnt Mbappe a world class talent.

Thats all.

I think the (not so)important thing to bear in mind here...Mbappe was performing last year at the age of 18 and was capped.

De Ligt was already capped at 17 and played in a european cup final last year...

The only real difference is that one is a forward and the other a centre back.

I think the (not so)important thing to bear in mind here...Mbappe was performing last year at the age of 18 and was capped.

De Ligt was already capped at 17 and played in a european cup final last year...

Being capped for the Dutch these days isn't hard and he had a SHOCKER of a debut.

Well to me the only difference is that ive watched Mbappe play.

I probably wouldnt know De Ligt if I fell over him.

Probably some blonde tall lad.

Being capped for the Dutch these days isn't hard and he had a SHOCKER of a debut.

He was a different class ;)

Been good since though...team was a shambles when he was dropped in...perhaps koeman will have some good things to say about us on their next meet up lol well he must have before to brands....

Well to me the only difference is that ive watched Mbappe play.

I probably wouldnt know De Ligt if I fell over him.

Probably some blonde tall lad.

To describe him even using hyperbole would be doing him a diservice.

Cultured composed classy defender who can tackle and head the ball...and a leader. Basically a superior stones.

Should have waved €100mil at Ajax for Dolberg, de ligt, sanxhez and kluivert jan last year...loan backs on some for a season.

Would have been a great investment.

He was a different class ;)

Been good since though...team was a shambles when he was dropped in...perhaps koeman will have some good things to say about us on their next meet up lol well he must have before to brands....

To describe him even using hyperbole would be doing him a diservice.

Cultured composed classy defender who can tackle and head the ball...and a leader. Basically a superior stones.

Should have waved €100mil at Ajax for Dolberg, de ligt, sanxhez and kluivert jan last year...loan backs on some for a season.

Would have been a great investment.

Utter merked by the Bulgarian wizards

We should not buy mature world class players because we’re a small team.

We should not buy TOP young players at their age group because 99% will turn out crap.

We should not buy TOP 1% of the young players at their age group because we’re a small team.

We should not buy any players from outside the premiere league because they are risks.

Scratching my head. What exactly should our transfer policy be like?

We should not buy TOP young players at their age group because 99% will turn out crap.

We should not buy TOP 1% of the young players at their age group because we’re a small team.

We should not buy any players from outside the premiere league because they are risks.

DNA cloning of superstars...we'd need a lab and Usmanovs money.

Buy Man City’s first 11

Buying premier league proven old and young crap players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back