Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t stand the sight of him to be honest.

I doubt he will leave, one last big contract in his career and all that. No way he’ll leave for anything less.
I think he might go back to Swansea. He did really well for them, would provide the kind of leadership they need and they do have the parachute money to finance a deal.

Echo saying we’re willing to listen to offers for plenty of our players, and particularly high earners.

I suspect Walcott, Gylfi, Gana, Seamus, Tosun, and Pickford are all safe, as are all the youngsters like Lookman, Vlasic, Davies, DCL, Holgate, and Dowell. Jags and Baines will probably stay for continuity and because we’ll hardly receive offers for them. Everyone else I suspect, will be up for grabs if we get any offers. Be afraid you bunch of bottlers, your fat paycheck will need picking up elsewhere.

Sorted that for you;)

Echo saying we’re willing to listen to offers for plenty of our players, and particularly high earners.

I suspect Walcott, Gylfi, Gana, Seamus, Tosun, and Pickford are all safe, as are all the youngsters like Lookman, Vlasic, Davies, DCL, Holgate, and Dowell. Jags and Baines will probably stay for continuity and because we’ll hardly receive offers for them. Everyone else I suspect, will be up for grabs if the offer is right. Be afraid you bunch of bottlers, your fat paycheck will need picking up elsewhere.

Yeah, I think 90% of the squad is for sale.

Its just a case of getting them off the wage bill and giving us wiggle room.

Imagine Brands coming from PSV and then seeing us paying Sandro 105k a week, PSV could pay their whole first team with that.

I think he might go back to Swansea. He did really well for them, would provide the kind of leadership they need and they do have the parachute money to finance a deal.
I'd give him back if need be. Wages would be a stumbling block and we could help finance that by letting him go in a free.

I can see this being a problem with a lot of our players who we want to get shut of.

Imagine Brands coming from PSV and then seeing us paying Sandro 105k a week, PSV could pay their whole first team with that.

He’ll need to sit down before he sees how much the likes of Bolasie and Sandro are on or he’s in danger of hitting his head when he faints.

I reckon we could flog Bolasie to Fulham once they lose Sessengnon. Could see him wanting to go back to London. I’m assuming Sessengon will go to a current top 6 team, but if there’s any chance of getting him, include Yannick in a deal maybe.

..L’Equippe reporting Everton interest in Chievo Verona playmaker, Samuel Bastien. The 21 year old joined Verona from Anderlecht in 2016.

Just read up on him and watched the obligatory youtube vids.

Doesnt seem much of a playmaker...nothing standout...whoscored has him as the only young player consistently in the side but with a very low rating.

Who knows?

I imagine Brands will be very bemused by the situation. That we have added more deadwood post Moshiri/Walsh /Koeman as opposed to trimmed it should be a major alarm will thankfully be rectified by both Brands and hopefully the new board structure.

I think a lot of us would want us to adopt an approach that is closer to the German model, Leipzig, Monaco etc and we have the perfect DOF to do that. However at times he may make some controversial calls, which can only be understood from the above context, that we are looking to radically overhaul our approach.

Lets out it this way, for a fraction of the money paid in wages and fees you would fancy PSV to finish 7th in our league and possible break the top 6. Brands must look at that and wonder what has gone on. Hopefully if he can start by emulating where PSV are, but it may mean buying more unknown, cheaper and unconventional players while ignoring more well known ones.

I'd give him back if need be. Wages would be a stumbling block and we could help finance that by letting him go in a free.

I can see this being a problem with a lot of our players who we want to get shut of.

I don't see us getting much, if anything, for Williams either. A loan deal that effectively pays the remainder of his contract would allow us to say goodbye to him with his contract finishing next summer.

We'd end up saving money on his wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back