Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Ninetyminutesonline on line pick up on reports Ross Barkley could be on his way out at Chelsea after only five months.

I can't see how he could stay, he's not even an option from the bench for them at the moment. It will be remembered as a strange sort of transfer meh that benefitted nobody involved

The Sunday columns say Tottenham Hotspur defender, Danny Rose, is wanted by Everton.

Great, another characterless fraud who will rebel at the drop of a hat

I can't see how he could stay, he's not even an option from the bench for them at the moment. It will be remembered as a strange sort of transfer meh that benefitted nobody involved

He’s won an Fa Cup though so it’s worked out for him. And he’ll now end up at West Ham, earning the same as he was earning with us. So it’s all good for our Ross.

I can't see how he could stay, he's not even an option from the bench for them at the moment. It will be remembered as a strange sort of transfer meh that benefitted nobody involve

The transfer benefits both Chelsea and the player. Chelsea have the player on a long term contract and will sell him for a good profit, I feel that was their only motive for signing him. The player, because he let his contract run down, got a big signing fee. Win win, the only losers here, Everton. Well done Rosco lad

Last edited:
For the lads linking young players from the FIFA & Football Manager franchises - I really hope this is who we will be targeting.

I don’t know names, but it’s all about young players with reputations and drive to become amazing players that I can see us going after with Marcel in charge.

I’m excited by Brands, not stupid though to realise any business done will take time to filter into good consistent performances on the pitch.

I trust Brands to look after our money and invest wisely. Walsh splurged so much on average players with little room to improve.

Gylfi & Walcott for me are two of our hardest working players, if they did go we would miss them.

Whoever comes in will utilise them, the young lads as good as they are or can be wouldn’t offer as much of the ball - defensively Walcott and Gylfi add so much.

Confident with a few footballers added to the team we’d see them preform with more consistency.

I’ll add Tosun in there too.

There’s so much to be done, be interesting what we focus on as a priority.

Not really, your totally disregarding a manager that has had a year in charge and two transfer windows to get the players he wants in. Compared to a manager who has had 4 months in charge and about half of one transfer window with no money to completely change the way a team players.
You mean like he did at Boro.?

Lets see how well he does this season. We know Dowell wont feature in his plans. Thankfully.

Three good targeted signings will have far more of a positive impact on the team than last seasons scattergun approach.

We will see more outs than ins.

This is Season One under a new Manager/DOF, I'd like to see evidence of a controlled, thought-out approach - start as they mean to go on.

We can't expect too much other than to see the first bricks being put in the wall.

.......Monday 28th May and here’s what’s in the transfer columns this morning;

- Ninetyminutesonline on line pick up on reports Ross Barkley could be on his way out at Chelsea after only five months.

- DC United manager, Ben Olsen, has delivered an update on the Wayne Rooney transfer situation; “There is interest in Wayne Rooney from our end and I think there is interest from his end too. I hope it can get over the line because he’s a very good player who can help us. He can be a great player for this league”.

- ReadEverton Weblog and other outlets suggest RB Leipzig are preparing a bid for Everton winger Ademola Lookman. The Telegraph say Marcel Brands will meet with the player and his representatives in a bid to keep him at Goodison.

- The Sunday columns say Tottenham Hotspur defender, Danny Rose, is wanted by Everton. The player has been linked with Manchester United but their interest is thought to have cooled. 4th Official suggest Everton are preparing a £40m bid for Rose.

- According to the Liverpool Echo, Davy Klaassen is going nowhere this summer. The player wants to fight for his place at Goodison.

- The Yorkshire Evening Post report Leeds United are set to tie down young defender, Tom Pearce, to a new 3 year contract. The player has been linked with a move to Everton.

- SkySports continue to link Everton and Tottenham with Lille midfielder, Yves Bissouma.

....and other stuff;

- Gazetto de la Sport report Udinese have emerged as contenders to sign Everton managerial target, Marco Silva. It would be an odd move seeing as though the Italian outfit are owned by Giampaulo Pozzo who also owns Watford.

I'd probably applaud the Watford owners of they did that, but that's total jarg.

You said one of the reasons was because we were absolutely crap last season, and it had also been pointed out by others that he hadn’t been played in his ‘correct’ position for us.

The point I’m making is, if the above was correct, then why was Sigurdsson supposedly boss (and he was one of the main reasons Swansea stayed up) in a really gash team, playing terrible footy, fighting relegation, while also playing out on the left for them.

At Swansea Siggy had a target man to aim at ( hence our pursuit of Giroud) while we had the Prince and Bambi

Yes. Yes I am. Didn't he struggle in France?
I don't think he struggled so much, but he hasn't kicked on as we expected. You have to remember that the Belgian league is a level below even the Dutch league, so going to Monaco was quite a step up in class, plus he was competing for a starting place with the likes of Fabinho and Moutinho. He's certainly found it harder to score the number of goals, especially those belters from outside the box, and you have to maybe question the quality of keeping in these lesser leagues.

He's still only 21 remember so it's far too soon to say he's failed. he's in the Belgian prelim squad and I'd guess it's a toss up between him and Dendoncker as to who get's the nod, but I'd be surprised if he get's any actual game time if he does go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back