Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcott is 'really good' under what barometer? You mean for a below the top 6 side?

Sigurdsson has scored (if im not wrong) one or 2 goals outside of the box on average per season in the premier league...or his career, cant remember exactly...its not 5 a season like the star playmakers achieve from range.

In a silva team he typically plays a DM and a box to box CM. There is no sitting playmaker...sigurdsson has an engine and can play the CM role as hes a good all rounder...he shouldnt be higher up the pitch imo as theres more deadly players around and those already on the books who can take his place over the season.

I dont see where he fits im 12 months time...him and walcott on the bench or sold.

Again, he liteally has more than anyone else in the entire league during that time. So in the 6 seasons or so he's played, he has 18 I think, which puts him at 3 a season, which is AGAIN, the highest in the league during that time. Coutinho had about the same number around that time, but he's obviously gone. And yes, I'd LOVE to know the star playmakers that are doing that 5 times a year. There aren't many.

And well, he's NEVER played as a box to box in his entire life. Ever.

Silva played a LOT of 4-2-3-1. Gana would play one of the 2 and we need another one if he's going to play the way they did at Watford. Siggurdson would play the Cleverly role in the middle of the three. Cleverly would almost never hold the ball in the middle at Watford and while Sigurdsson can't tackle or defend as well, he is EXACTLY the type of one touch passer Silva would love to have as the pivot to get the ball out to his wide players.

That's why if he are getting Silva, we better find some CBs that can pass and cover in space as well as a LB that can run and get forward as Baines ain't it. The box to box is obviously a need.

Gana would be awesome in his 4-2-3-1, though.

Lookmans best game came from him playing left sided attacking midfield even though he did well centrally he can play well on the wing. With most of the games he played with two up front. Which we don't play with. So how well will he do centrally with less space in front of him?

I never said Rooney had anything to do with siggurson season? I just said that apart from Rooney siggurson is our only creative player

So let's play Lookman as a left sided inside forward. That's where he played with the U20s, too. That's to me his natural position. Walcott on the right, we play a bit narrow and buy a decent left back that can get forward. Central D and mid is still in shambles, but Siggy in the middle, Tosun up front, we'd score quite a bit.

I suppose it works Zat, we bought Lookman for 11m and have just agreed a fee with RB for 15m, which hopefully we can put towards offering Jagielka a 5 year contract.

Hahaha

Lookmans best game came from him playing left sided attacking midfield even though he did well centrally he can play well on the wing. With most of the games he played with two up front. Which we don't play with. So how well will he do centrally with less space in front of him?

I never said Rooney had anything to do with siggurson season? I just said that apart from Rooney siggurson is our only creative player

Have to agree to disagree on lookman...

Gylfi compared to Rooney isnt a comparison i meant...better to compare with players in the positions which we want to be in...

Again, he liteally has more than anyone else in the entire league during that time. So in the 6 seasons or so he's played, he has 18 I think, which puts him at 3 a season, which is AGAIN, the highest in the league during that time. Coutinho had about the same number around that time, but he's obviously gone. And yes, I'd LOVE to know the star playmakers that are doing that 5 times a year. There aren't many.

And well, he's NEVER played as a box to box in his entire life. Ever.

Silva played a LOT of 4-2-3-1. Gana would play one of the 2 and we need another one if he's going to play the way they did at Watford. Siggurdson would play the Cleverly role in the middle of the three. Cleverly would almost never hold the ball in the middle at Watford and while Sigurdsson can't tackle or defend as well, he is EXACTLY the type of one touch passer Silva would love to have as the pivot to get the ball out to his wide players.

That's why if he are getting Silva, we better find some CBs that can pass and cover in space as well as a LB that can run and get forward as Baines ain't it. The box to box is obviously a need.

Gana would be awesome in his 4-2-3-1, though.

Agree in the most part aside from the specific players.

Again,i actually like Sigurdsson and also Gana.

However in a 2 under Silva one DM is box to box and the other sits. Obviously Gana (despite koeman and allardyce's attempts) is not a box to box player as he is poor offensively...so he plays DM.

Now, im not saying we should play him but baningime showed he can play the DM role sitting (but pressing when instructed) at times in his cameos. Gana though im not sure has the temperament to play that role.

Its more suited to a Barry 'type'.

Hahaha

Have to agree to disagree on lookman...

Gylfi compared to Rooney isnt a comparison i meant...better to compare with players in the positions which we want to be in...

Agree in the most part aside from the specific players.

Again,i actually like Sigurdsson and also Gana.

However in a 2 under Silva one DM is box to box and the other sits. Obviously Gana (despite koeman and allardyce's attempts) is not a box to box player as he is poor offensively...so he plays DM.

Now, im not saying we should play him but baningime showed he can play the DM role sitting (but pressing when instructed) at times in his cameos. Gana though im not sure has the temperament to play that role.

Its more suited to a Barry 'type'.

Silva has never employed anything close to Gareth Barry in his formations. He played Doucoure and Capoue as two defensive mids, but they were more like two box to box players in that they carried the ball forward. None of them sit. Almost never.

Seriously, who is the slow, plodding, passing defensive midfielder like Barry or Morgan that Silva has ever played? No offense, but I seriously don't think you've seen Silva's Watford team play very often if that's what you think.

Silva has never employed anything close to Gareth Barry in his formations. He played Doucoure and Capoue as two defensive mids, but they were more like two box to box players in that they carried the ball forward. None of them sit. Almost never.

Seriously, who is the slow, plodding, passing defensive midfielder like Barry or Morgan that Silva has ever played? No offense, but I seriously don't think you've seen Silva's Watford team play very often if that's what you think.

Thats simply not true.

Both Doucoure and Capoue would either sit OR play box to box depending on the play.

Im sure somewhere you can find the stats of who was the DM and who was the CM based on position on a per game basis. Also add Chalobah in there before he was injured ;)

Milijovevic played the sitting role at Olympiakos...guess who played it at Sporting?

CB and ST the most important requirements. Having Keane on the pitch is like playing with 10 and how can Niasse or Tosun be relied on for any extended period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back