Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t matter if it’s a Top 4 push or a Top 8 push - Walcott is still really good and was worth the purchase.

I know you love young players but you do realise it the come here and play well, we’ll only end up selling them?
Yes, but for massive profits a la Lukaku and Stones. You then have money to reinvest hopefully better than we did but it’ll be there and gives you a chance.

You don’t make that money on a Theo Walcott. You can’t simply keep buying 20/30 million players in their late 20’s, and then when they turn crap and past their peak, shell out another 20/30 million to replace them.

That’s not the way to run a business and simply isn’t sustainable, unless you’re Manchester City.

Yes, but for massive profits a la Lukaku and Stones. You then have money to reinvest hopefully better than we did but it’ll be there and gives you a chance.

You don’t make that money on a Theo Walcott. You can’t simply keep buying 20/30 million players in their late 20’s, and then when they turn crap and past their peak, shell out another 20/30 million to replace them.

That’s not the way to run a business and simply isn’t sustainable, unless you’re Manchester City.

I'm not saying that's what we should do all I'm saying is Walcott was a good purchase.

But Zat, City dont buy young players and then sell their older 1s.

Which is what your suggesting.

They buy young players to compliment their older 1s.

So by all means buy yoots.

But that doesnt mean we sell everybody over 25. You just want to sell everybody so we can field a team of potential.

I think they should all be kept...but one a season were to leave for huge money then they can be replaced by Marcel.

Bad decision by the Forest board. They panicked. Under Warburton they had a record of P28 W10 D5 L13 GD -8 Pts 35. Under Karanka their record was P18 W5 D3 L10 GD -6 Pts 18. They were 14th when Warburton was sacked and finished 17th.

He still wasn't getting the results and the way he played still got him the sack. Just because the guy they got in did worse doesn't mean they weren't justified in sacking the first one.

Lost me a bit here...Lookman was clearly better centrally for leipzig and england u21.

Correct on dowell.

Not sure how youre excusing sigurdsson for a poor season by comparing him to rooney....

Lookmans best game came from him playing left sided attacking midfield even though he did well centrally he can play well on the wing. With most of the games he played with two up front. Which we don't play with. So how well will he do centrally with less space in front of him?

I never said Rooney had anything to do with siggurson season? I just said that apart from Rooney siggurson is our only creative player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back