Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats cos we are small and nobody does fancy us.

But keep kidding yourself fam, I like positive thinking.

You’re not positive at all to be honest.
No positive people will just give up without trying.
I see this trend deeply seated here.

Did Moutinho hurt you too badly?

I’ve explain it countless time mate, you just don’t seem to get it and prefer to cling onto we’re small and nobody fancy us.

Mate its looking like Marco SIlva is going to be our manager, so he would be right!!!

Look at this is this way, when did a player last choose us over a top 6 side?

You’re not positive at all to be honest.
No positive people will just give up without trying.
I see this trend deeply seated here.

Did Moutinho hurt you too badly?

Look mate, I would love it if we could sign Sessygone, Icardi, De Ligt, Bobby L, Bale and a cast of others.

I just honestly dont consider them realistic options, I see no reason in the world why anybody half decent would come here currently, we dont have European football, we are a team in transition. We can only attract players that other teams dont want and players from weak teams in weak leagues.

Maybe it will change in the future, I have a lot of faith in Brands, but hes not a miracle worker.

I suppose I am getting rather boring, telling everybody we cant sign that player or cant attract that manager, so I will try and tone it down.

This is the team we should start next season with :

Manager : Pep Zidane
Pickford
Coleman - De Ligt - Hummels - Sessygone
Strootman - Iceland - Pogba
Messi - Bobby L - Bale
COYBB

Look mate, I would love it if we could sign Sessygone, Icardi, De Ligt, Bobby L, Bale and a cast of others.

I just honestly dont consider them realistic options, I see no reason in the world why anybody half decent would come here currently, we dont have European football, we are a team in transition. We can only attract players that other teams dont want and players from weak teams in weak leagues.

Maybe it will change in the future, I have a lot of faith in Brands, but hes not a miracle worker.

I suppose I am getting rather boring, telling everybody we cant sign that player or cant attract that manager, so I will try and tone it down.

Pickford
Messi - Bobby L - Bale
COYBB

Fair enough mate, while I share your realism to some extent, players like Messi bale are totally out of reach.
But we’re talking about sessegnon, a kid who made up his mind to reject TOP 4 side just to secure endless playing time at Fulham.
We might just be right for him to further his developement at a much better club setup with better quality coach and players without jeopardising his game time. Baines will be no match for him next season, he is that good.

Like I mention before it’s how we sell our plans to these quality players. How we intend to overhaul the club and convince sessegnon that he will not be the last quality player to arrive in the near future and we are seriously aiming to bring in quality players and breakthrough just like spurs did.
10years ago spurs hardly manage to break into top 4 and yet they sign the brightest left back in the country, how did they manage to do it ahead of utd Chelsea Arsenal? We might have a slim chance but we must at least work towards such approach.

We need to be looking at potential from overseas or the Championship now. Stop with the top six rejects or best players from dross sides. We need hunger and potential there are bargains out there but we have to be more imaginative.

Fair enough mate, while I share your realism to some extent, players like Messi bale are totally out of reach.
But we’re talking about sessegnon, a kid who made up his mind to reject TOP 4 side just to secure endless playing time at Fulham.
We might just be right for him to further his developement at a much better club setup with better quality coach and players without jeopardising his game time. Baines will be no match for him next season, he is that good.

Like I mention before it’s how we sell our plans to these quality players. How we intend to overhaul the club and convince sessegnon that he will not be the last quality player to arrive in the near future and we are seriously aiming to bring in quality players and breakthrough just like spurs did.
10years ago spurs hardly manage to break into top 4 and yet they sign the brightest left back in the country, how did they manage to do it ahead of utd Chelsea Arsenal? We might have a slim chance but we must at least work towards such approach.

Spurs took the step up.

But I thought Browns made a good point the other day, would Spurs be where they are without Kane? A player who they "found" in their yoot team? Sure they have other very good players and im not claiming they are a 1 man team, they also have a superb manager, I mean its not they get Poch from Real or Barca, they picked up an ex Southampton manager(Koeman), they bought Eriksen(Klaaseen) from Ajax, Ali(Galloway) from MK Dons.

NOW they are a CL team who "challenge" for the Title.

So Spurs arent really on a par with us, they are a top 6 club.

I think Sessygone will stay at Fulham myself, hes still very young and he seems to enjoy it there, if he does move this Summer I fully expect him to go to Spurs rather than us cos they have CL football, a manager that likes yoot players and appear to be a club on the up. We are likely to have a manager that favours yoots also, but sadly we dont have CL football and nor are we considered a club on the up.

So yes, its on us to improve and then maybe next summer we can put us in a position to say to players like Sessygone that we are on the up.

From what Brands is saying we will be trying our best to sign ALL The good quality yoots across Europe, its a very dangerous strat, but I have complete faith in Brands, he wont get them all right and hes going to need time, but im hopeful that in the future we can make ourselves look a better prospect to not just up and coming yoots but top tier players, but not now, IMHO.

Pickford
Messi - Bobby L - Bale
COYBB

Who’s Bobby L? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back