Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
A DM who is as comfortable in midfield as defence. Dropping in to the CB position so that the left and right sided CBs can cover for Coleman and the LB when they push forward. Dendonker perhaps?
He’s soooooo slow. Good player, but I’d much prefer more athleticism on the pitch since we are likely going into next year with Siggy and Tosun on the pitch, neither of which are quick. Gana covers a ton of ground and can track back and cover for players with the best of them, but no, he’s not great in the air if that’s the concern.

Falling out has been over pay and not investing enough in the team. Don't think he is disruptive in the dressing room though.

He has had a few injury issues though.
yeah the injuries are my one concern then. We're not United or City. £35m+ is a lot of money for us to blow on somebody who turns out to be crocked.

Having a progressive manager means that he will want to play a certain way. If you take the example of Silva then I cant see where Sigurdsson fits into the team in season 2019/2020

At that point he and (another daft signing) Walcott will be 30.

The question really is whether Brands would sell sigurdsson and walcott for £35mil and £25mil respectively and find players who offer more value.

Literally no outfield players (over 21) should be safe bar Coleman.
Yeah because a huge influx of players will do us wonders...bit like last year. Sig, Walcott, Coleman and Baines all deserve to keep a place in the team...especially with a new manager with new ideas. By all means grab a few new lads but the way we have played is down to the style of play not just the players we have.. its no coincidence that Siggy looked a different class at Swansea.. they actually play the game well...they were missing him last season..hence went crashing down.

Dude, I knows he’s talented, but we are getting him. I also don’t think he’s a left back.

I’m actually fine if we can’t get sessegnon. I’m just thinking we’re foolish to get rose and contribute to fund spurs sessegnon purchase.

28years old
TOP 4 reject
They use 37m to offset sessegnon and end up getting rid of some players non needed as well.

Might as well we get sessegnon.

Jack Grealish looks a real good player, with Villa missing out he might be worth thinking about, although he might not want to leave
not good enough imo, ok at championship level but not great at prem level

3 goals in the championship isn't great

is he going to stand out when we play man city, chelsea, arsenal next season...probably not

we need bigger and better targets

Like Walcott was a bad signing lol Zat you’re proper ageist

Well, like i said when he signed i think he would be great short term...maybe for 1-2 seasons more. However, unless were going for a top 4 push then i cant see where the value is...

I think the management team would be smart enough to realise that there are some things we need now, not just loads of quality prospects and tactical risks. I’d be surprised if, amongst a number of gems, we don’t get two or three new first team starters, especially if we have the clean out of dead wood that the club desperately needs and generate some money/free up some wages that way

Are you chaps buying Rose then? £35-40m.

Fancy him?

If Rose was consistently in the top 4 left backs for the next 5 seasons then it would be a decent move. But thats not guaranteed + hes apparently not been as good since his injury.

For the £40mil ish fee and £120k+ wages we could sign 2 u23 players with huge potential.

Hope so he's top drawer.

Pickford

Coleman Keane ??? Rose

Decent back line under a half decent manager -although I think he'll end up at Utd myself.

Holgate is better then slow turning Keane...no point playing or even having keane if we have 2 rapid full backs and can play a high line.

Why do you want to get rid of him mate?

In my opinion you are a far better team with a fit Rose playing at left back.

Funds for sessegnon?

Holgate before Keane every day of the week mate.

My only question mark over Rose is his injury record over last couple of seasons. At his peak with Spurs (and he's still only 27) he was the best left back in the league.

Get 2 u23s for the same cost.

Since Sigurdsson came into the PL, literally NO ONE has scored more goals from outside of the box. Not a single player. He’s has like 17-18 of them. But yes, Dowell should offer up his wisdom, I’m sure it would help.

He’s also one of the better one touch passers I’ve never seen through the center of the pitch. Iceland contstantly runs the ball through him in central midfield and has for years. Didn’t he set us Iceland’s second goal with one when they knocked England out of the euros?

There is absolutely no way you’ve seen him play a single match outside of Everton. Even at Everton he’s still primarily a one touch, ball moving player. The idea of him as a box to box player is laughable.

Look, I understand some are bitter about his fee for some reason, but making up stuff about him to support why you are bitter is just pathetic.

Ive seen him for Swansea (2 stints) hoffenheim, reading and iceland and like him as a player.

If you truly believe hes one of the best one touch passers youve ever seen then you need to watch more games.

Not worth anything close to the fee paid + can sign far better with £35mil fee.

For iceland hes played centre midfield a lot...hes also played there for hoffenheim and reading too...hence him saying he wanted to play there or ACM when at spurs.

Guess what? He can compete for a place in CM or be out of the side in 12months (when his value will be nothing like it is now).

Crazy short termism...wouldnt get in any of the top sides.

Yeah because a huge influx of players will do us wonders...bit like last year. Sig, Walcott, Coleman and Baines all deserve to keep a place in the team...especially with a new manager with new ideas. By all means grab a few new lads but the way we have played is down to the style of play not just the players we have.. its no coincidence that Siggy looked a different class at Swansea.. they actually play the game well...they were missing him last season..hence went crashing down.

Youd keep Baines in the side?

What does he offer an attacking team? Bloke cant get back into position.

I’m actually fine if we can’t get sessegnon. I’m just thinking we’re foolish to get rose and contribute to fund spurs sessegnon purchase.

28years old
TOP 4 reject
They use 37m to offset sessegnon and end up getting rid of some players non needed as well.

If we went 3 at the back (unlikely imo) sessegnon on the left makes sense...but as a pure left back he'd need work on his defensive game...left mid/wing hed be ace straight away + can move him back gradually.

Jack Grealish looks a real good player, with Villa missing out he might be worth thinking about, although he might not want to leave

No end product.

28years old
TOP 4 reject

And can you explain why Sessygone would join us rather than Spurs?

Well, like i said when he signed i think he would be great short term...maybe for 1-2 seasons more. However, unless were going for a top 4 push then i cant see where the value is...

If Rose was consistently in the top 4 left backs for the next 5 seasons then it would be a decent move. But thats not guaranteed + hes apparently not been as good since his injury.

For the £40mil ish fee and £120k+ wages we could sign 2 u23 players with huge potential.

Holgate is better then slow turning Keane...no point playing or even having keane if we have 2 rapid full backs and can play a high line.

Funds for sessegnon?

Get 2 u23s for the same cost.

Ive seen him for Swansea (2 stints) hoffenheim, reading and iceland and like him as a player.

If you truly believe hes one of the best one touch passers youve ever seen then you need to watch more games.

Not worth anything close to the fee paid + can sign far better with £35mil fee.

For iceland hes played centre midfield a lot...hes also played there for hoffenheim and reading too...hence him saying he wanted to play there or ACM when at spurs.

Guess what? He can compete for a place in CM or be out of the side in 12months (when his value will be nothing like it is now).

Crazy short termism...wouldnt get in any of the top sides.

Youd keep Baines in the side?

What does he offer an attacking team? Bloke cant get back into position.

If we went 3 at the back (unlikely imo) sessegnon on the left makes sense...but as a pure left back he'd need work on his defensive game...left mid/wing hed be ace straight away + can move him back gradually.

No end product.

Oh bugger off with your hard on for the kids Zat! its bloody tiresome man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back