Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t see Brands £30 odd mil for a 28 year old left back. He would be a great signing like, just doesn’t fit Brands modus operandi.
I think the management team would be smart enough to realise that there are some things we need now, not just loads of quality prospects and tactical risks. I’d be surprised if, amongst a number of gems, we don’t get two or three new first team starters, especially if we have the clean out of dead wood that the club desperately needs and generate some money/free up some wages that way

The point stands. Anything close to the £42mil paid and we should snatch someones hand off.

Pickford is clearly the best player in the squad...which shows in the end of season awards.

1-- He has had no competition as a playmaker. There was literally no one in the squad who could be classed as a playmaker.

2-- In a Marco Silva team he wont be played on the left as Silva always has pace out wide. In the central attacking midfield position he may well continue to be average to good over a season but not GREAT. Shouldnt be considered and wont be considered out wide.

3-- In the central attacking midfield position there are Lookman (racked up great numbers at Leipzig), Dowell (great numbers when played correctly at Forest) and Vlasic (shown flashes).

He doesnt have the playmaking ability of Dowell...skills or pace of Lookman and as yet Vlasic is still an unknown quantity.

He'll lose his place there by season end.

4-- In the centre midfield there are Gana/Baningime/Davies who should be retained. He can compete there with a new signing.

5-- At 28 before septembers 29th birthday hes still 'in his prime' and should command a decent fee say £35mil if he has a good world cup.

For £35mil that can go in the pot for a better player.

LOL

Heres Zat claiming John Paul Dowell, Nikola Beagrie and some crap midget winger are better players than Iceland.

SMFH

You'd play Lookman and Vlasic (2 players better centrally) out wide to stick with someone who was average last season? Not sure how that logic works...

Please see the Dowell thread to understand why his form went down at Forest but not in the England u21s.

Okay so lookman while at Leipzig played 4 times centrally scoring 3 times, while he played once as a left hand side of the attacking mid and scored twice so is that his best position? Also lookman played with two strikers ahead of him most of the time were we'll only have one.

So let me get this straight Dowells is given allowances for his form falling off a cliff in the championship because he had a manager that stiffeled him as a player because his under 21 form was alright?

As opposed to siggurson who even though didn't have a pre season, who was our best outfield player and apart from Rooney our only creative player. Whilst playing under sam allerdyce and he was still bossing it for iceland? All this while sharing a wing with martina most of the time when hes supposed to play centrally.

You can't beat someone with one stick and protect the other with the same stick mate.

That Forest manager is more negative than Allardyce. Remember him at Boro?

He's not exactly going to say I've no room for young talented footballers in my team is he.

As Zat said. You don't need a degree in coaching to see what happened with Dowell this season. A change of manager.

But playing a style that got the best out of Dowell got the original Forrest manager the sack

I just can’t see Brands £30 odd mil for a 28 year old left back. He would be a great signing like, just doesn’t fit Brands modus operandi.
Every good team needs a mixture of experience and youth.

Personally, I’d have a ‘No Over-25’ policy, unless an exceptional paper, like Sanchez, becomes available.

Madrid’s front 3 were totally interchangeable last night and caused the RS defence to drop deep and panic. That’s why it’s essential we buy a proper LB and a CM so the front 3 can stay up top and not worry about tracking back.

"He doesnt have the playmaking ability of Dowell...skills or pace of Lookman and as yet Vlasic is still an unknown quantity.

He'll lose his place there by season end."

Yep, you did.

Youve just shown that ive not stated anyone is better than Sigurdsson. lol

Okay so lookman while at Leipzig played 4 times centrally scoring 3 times, while he played once as a left hand side of the attacking mid and scored twice so is that his best position? Also lookman played with two strikers ahead of him most of the time were we'll only have one.

So let me get this straight Dowells is given allowances for his form falling off a cliff in the championship because he had a manager that stiffeled him as a player because his under 21 form was alright?

As opposed to siggurson who even though didn't have a pre season, who was our best outfield player and apart from Rooney our only creative player. Whilst playing under sam allerdyce and he was still bossing it for iceland? All this while sharing a wing with martina most of the time when hes supposed to play centrally.

You can't beat someone with one stick and protect the other with the same stick mate.

Lost me a bit here...Lookman was clearly better centrally for leipzig and england u21.

Correct on dowell.

Not sure how youre excusing sigurdsson for a poor season by comparing him to rooney...

But playing a style that got the best out of Dowell got the original Forrest manager the sack

How would it turn out if we played Coleman or Holgate at left back for half a season? Thats effectively what karanka did with dowell + benched him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back