Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh...it doesnt take a 'tactical expert' to understand that going from being the main man in an attacking side to being played out of position in a defensive long ball team is going to negatively affect dowell.

Lookman youre comparing to his charlton days whereas im comparing to this season tearing up England u21s and the Bundesliga.
So exactly how Everton played this season with Siggy. Can say the same this with the Iceland national team.
Where he also played LW or as a second striker so again not centrally

Fantastic mood today after seeing Liverpool lose. But their transfer policy-which is better than ours-is based on picking the best pacey fifa 18 players - mane, salah, now fekir, keita - and it is working for them. Everton needs to shell out 60 quid for fifa 18.

Fantastic mood today after seeing Liverpool lose. But their transfer policy-which is better than ours-is based on picking the best pacey fifa 18 players - mane, salah, now fekir, keita - and it is working for them. Everton needs to shell out 60 quid for fifa 18.

WTF?! It’s been out ages. Be mental to pay that for it. You can get it for like £20ish now.

COYB

Modern football thrives with such players, more so in the premiere league. They are reaping the rewards for consistently recruiting such players the past 3 seasons while our fan base continue to argue players like tierney/sessegnon/Kluivert, all pacy and good dribbler, will even make it due to lack of premiere league experience. kicking a ball in the premiere league is the ultimate barometer to judge a player according to many in this forum

It’s a weird transfer window for us. The new management team will only have a few weeks with the squad before the transfer window shuts. Should they just buy/sell players based on last seasons performances or give them a chance first? In which case the final week or 2 before the transfer window closes will be mental! Big challenge for Brands sorting our squad out!

Both players are used very well out wide, lookman and vlasic both played on the wings for there previous clubs, I'm sure they can both play in the central midfield but I doubt they are strong enough yet so sticking to someone who can create things out of nothing isn't a difficult to understand.
Ahh yes because this forum is filled with tactical experts, read what the manager said about dowell.

I could be wrong, but I’m sure Vlasic was never a winger, and played through the middle for Split, and the same for Croatia.

...it’s a glorious Sunday morning and the papers are full of Real Madrid. I think all the Everton rumour mill reporters are still on the lash, but here’s what’s being said;

- According to the Liverpool Echo, Wayne Rooney is keen to push through a transfer to DC United and Ramiro Funes-Mori is the subject of interest from Mexican side, Monterrey.

- Whilst Everton can expect a call from Sevilla regarding the availability of Sandro Ramirez, the regional Seville newspaper, Estadio Deportivo suggests the club could also acquire the services of goalkeeper, Joel Robles, who’s contract is up this summer.

- Colombian newspaper, E Heraldo, say: ‘Everton of England would be interested in hiring the services of the left side of the Colombian team, Frank Fabra, who currently plays in Boca Juniors’.

....other stuff;

- The Daily Star Reports Farhad Moshiri is looking to take total control of Everton this summer with the purchase of more shares which could see the departure of Chairman, Bill Kenwright.

- Dutch outlet, Algameen Dagblad, say Philip Cucu is in Marcel Brands thoughts for the vacant Managers position at Everton.

- The Liverpool Echo report Everton are still in talks with Marco Silva and intend to appoint him as their new manager.
Shame that story about Bill's shares was only in the Star.

Both players are used very well out wide, lookman and vlasic both played on the wings for there previous clubs, I'm sure they can both play in the central midfield but I doubt they are strong enough yet so sticking to someone who can create things out of nothing isn't a difficult to understand.
Ahh yes because this forum is filled with tactical experts, read what the manager said about dowell.
That Forest manager is more negative than Allardyce. Remember him at Boro?

He's not exactly going to say I've no room for young talented footballers in my team is he.

As Zat said. You don't need a degree in coaching to see what happened with Dowell this season. A change of manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back