Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could use another wing as well. If he can do both, even better. 70m?! Ok Fulham. Maybe 40m.
He's going for more than 40M, and we've already got Lookman, Bolasie, Walcott, even Siggy and others that can play in wide positions. Don't you think CB, LB, CM are a bit bigger need?

He's going for more than 40M, and we've already got Lookman, Bolasie, Walcott, even Siggy and others that can play in wide positions. Don't you think CB, LB, CM are a bit bigger need?
Haha Bolasie. That’s a good one. Also Siggy has to play centrally, and Lookman may as well at times. We need a minimum of one more winger. I agree that if he goes it will be for more. I’m just saying that would be my upper limit. He’s never proved himself at a high level.

Regarding needs, we have a lot. I actually think Baines is a good player still. Ask yourself how many times this past season you looked back on a math and said, Baines was our problem. He needs to be rotated but he’s still got a season or two in him. CB and CM are top priorities for sure though. I wouldn’t hate two of each.

Looks like he got linked today, not by any reputable outlets though

Dont think we will go for anyone over 25 myself.

Haha Bolasie. That’s a good one. Also Siggy has to play centrally, and Lookman may as well at times. We need a minimum of one more winger. I agree that if he goes it will be for more. I’m just saying that would be my upper limit. He’s never proved himself at a high level.

Regarding needs, we have a lot. I actually think Baines is a good player still. Ask yourself how many times this past season you looked back on a math and said, Baines was our problem. He needs to be rotated but he’s still got a season or two in him. CB and CM are top priorities for sure though. I wouldn’t hate two of each.

In the 3 attacking midfield positions we should have Lookman, Walcott, Vlasic, Dowell + 2 new signings.

I think Sigurdsson should be played in CM competing for the box to box position with a new player. But not so sure...he shouldnt be sold.

Not taken to him as much as others have.

Dont think we will go for anyone over 25 myself.

In the 3 attacking midfield positions we should have Lookman, Walcott, Vlasic, Dowell + 2 new signings.

I think Sigurdsson should be played in CM competing for the box to box position with a new player. But not so sure...he shouldnt be sold.

Not taken to him as much as others have.
Siggy has never played as a box to box player in his entire life. He doesn't have the pace for it. You have to put him closer to goal. He's deadly in the final third either scoring or as a quick, one touch passer.

I think Baines has been our problem A LOT. He cannot get forward anymore. In the rare instance he does, he's fine. I think if we signed a new LB that actually had pace, I think we'd see a massive difference.

we may not even play with wingers mate
Exactly. I know I wouldn't with our personnel. Lookman, Walcott are both more inside forward types and can both score. Bolasie is a true winger and if we aren't going to sell him or get anything decent for him, he's still useful off the bench from a tactical standpoint.

I'd attack the wide parts of the pitch with Coleman and another aggressive LB. Granted, that leaves the CB exposed, but we need at least two coming in assuming we shed ourselves of Jags, Williams, Mori, etc.

I think Baines has been our problem A LOT. He cannot get forward anymore. In the rare instance he does, he's fine. I think if we signed a new LB that actually had pace, I think we'd see a massive difference.
You think he can’t get forward. I think he’s been instructed not to and he’s been fine defensively. Regardless, we won’t be signing Sessegnon.

Seriously, someone PLEASE explain to me what is so outstanding about this kid? He's not particularly fast, not particularly strong, and while he can dribble a bit and doesn't seem completely out of place playing against better competition, does he really have some upside? He's good. He is. But I just don't see the projection and he's going to be pricey.

Sounds like baines when we signed him

Siggy has never played as a box to box player in his entire life. He doesn't have the pace for it. You have to put him closer to goal. He's deadly in the final third either scoring or as a quick, one touch passer.

Sell him then.

Why would we sell our best player?

I mean sure we do it all the time, but we generally make a profit when we do it.

Best player? I dont mind sigurdsson but hes been a flop at the price.

Transfer fees are supposedly increasing again this year.

If we could get close to our money back id take it.

Sell him then.
Sell a guy who's our best playmaker that can play in at least 3 different positions because he's not a box to box midfielder?

We should sell Pickford, too, because he can't play CB. Walcott has to go, too, because he can't play RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back