Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goes without saying, I like Cenk but the need for a top, top quality striker is huge
we need at least compete new spine , reserve keeper, at least one center half, two midfielders and another striker .
hopefully a new manager can help some of the squad to kick on or one or two of the players we had out on loan to come in to do a bit of a job.

Their signings of mane, salah and now these two make our scouts and buyers look like clowns.

Not really like any of the players were unknown quantities tbh

I'm sure we'll be fine, but we need quality over quantity and to shift a whole bunch of players out - as you say, that means getting the manager appointed and getting to work on the system, which will dictate who stays and goes, and who comes in.

we need at least compete new spine , reserve keeper, at least one center half, two midfielders and another striker .
hopefully a new manager can help some of the squad to kick on or one or two of the players we had out on loan to come in to do a bit of a job.

I don't think we NEED a reserve keeper. Stekelenberg is a perfectly adequate back up. It's a hard sell that one anyway. Nobody with any hopes to do anything with his career is going to come and sit behind England's number one, especially as he is still only a kid himself.

I don't think we NEED a reserve keeper. Stekelenberg is a perfectly adequate back up. It's a hard sell that one anyway. Nobody with any hopes to do anything with his career is going to come and sit behind England's number one, especially as he is still only a kid himself.
Stekelenburg will be 36 just after the season starts and has a horrendous injury record. I wouldn't be comfortable with him as number 2 personally because with his record there's a decent chance that any lengthy injury to Pickford would see us throwing a kid with absolutely no senior experience at all in. We don't need to spend any sort of serious money on somebody, but we definitely need a keeper in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back