Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s adorable that Unsworth thinks we are going to conduct transfers for the U23 team like it’s some independent functioning entity. That’s so cute.

I think it’s adorable that Unsworth thinks we are going to conduct transfers for the U23 team like it’s some independent functioning entity. That’s so cute.
Have to agree with this.
Unsworth May hand over the data and videos of players he is interested in but Brands will have his own people check them out and he and he alone will make the final decision.
I think we will see a major cull of players and staff in the summer as Brands makes his mark.
It will be a culture shock for everyone at the club.
If Brands and Moshiri are serious about what needs to be done even Maisie in the canteen will be worried about her job lol

Eh? It is. Provided they will theoretically suit the first team in the future.

That's how things were done up until now, wasn't it?

Another case of Steve Walsh letting people do his job for him while he went on holidays.

It is though?

Firstly, it's quite common for the bigger clubs - i'm including us in this - to sign youth players as 'fillers' so that they can put out competitive sides at junior level while still sending their best players out on loan and/or promoting them to the first team. Also it may well be that Unsworth is given a small budget of his own to bring in players for his set up now, as long as they fit into the overall plan of the club. I believe DCL was one such purchase.

It is though?

Firstly, it's quite common for the bigger clubs - i'm including us in this - to sign youth players as 'fillers' so that they can put out competitive sides at junior level while still sending their best players out on loan and/or promoting them to the first team. Also it may well be that Unsworth is given a small budget of his own to bring in players for his set up now, as long as they fit into the overall plan of the club. I believe DCL was one such purchase.
I think @CRIMHEAD ‘s post should have said “I think it’s adorable that Unsworth thinks we are STILL going to conduct transfers...”

linked to Danny Rose again. You'd think if we genuinely wanted him (& i'm 99% certain we don't) we'd try and get it done before the World Cup.

If we spend anything more than £15m on Danny Rose I’m deleting my account.

I've never been on the Rose hype train as such, but he was the best left-back in the league in 2016/17.

Definitely worth £20-25m in this market. And he'd improve us massively.

In fact, isn't signing players in their prime years from clubs above us what our fans want us to do?

I don't think we are in for him, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back