Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be impossible to undo the damage done in one transfer window. So much dross to get rid of and holes all over the pitch, but don't think it would be sensible to try and implement 6/7 new players into the starting XI again.

Selling Niasse would be a great start especially if we can get in the region of £15m for him (people doubt it but find me a player with his half decent prem record who’s available for less - I’ll wait).

Not sure why people are against getting Rose? We probably have no chance. He’s a level above us so to turn down the idea is madness in my opinion.

Rose - new CB or even Jags - Keane - Coleman would be a great back line.

Then people saying no to Vardy as well? For the right price (which I doubt would happen) he’d be a brilliant alternative to Cenk. Very different style players who both are proven to score goals. If we had the chance to sell Niasse for £15m and bought Vardy for £30m I’d snap it up even at his age.

He scored 20 PL goals last season and would be great playing for Silva. Who else could we get that guarantees goals like he does? lol

EDIT: Not to mention that he seems to score in the big games.

Ok so you're up for a Jagielka - Keane partnership next season.

I'm out lads.

Not really but are we really going to buy 10 players again this window? If we had that back 4 with a view to spending big on a CB over the next two windows I’d be all over it.

Jags and Keane haven’t even been too bad when they’ve played together either. IMO there’s much bigger priorities than CB as I’m hoping Holgate plays a big part this season.

LB, CM, the wings and another striker are all more pressing issues than CB assuming Holgate and Jags can do a job.

Vardy would be an awful signing for a club in our position. Realistically, in the short term we're only looking at closing that gap to the top 6 and potentially sneaking into it if we have a bit of luck. Obviously you can never rule out an incredible season, but it would take an unbelievable improvement in fortunes for us to trouble the top 4 next season. On that basis, why on earth would you spend £30m+ on a striker who is almost exclusively reliant on pace and will turn 32 midway through the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back