Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
One statement signing this window will be enough and I don’t think Rose quite fits the bill of a big name signing.
I actually think Rose is the type of signing that would make people sit up and take notice. Englands first choice left back, twice named in the PFA team of the year and a regular for a Spurs side which has been one of the leagues most consistent sides for the last few years. I was genuinely surprised when I saw him linked with us so I'm pretty sure the wider world would be.

Despite all that, i'm not sure that dropping £30m+ on a left back is going to solve too many of our problems so I don't know if it's a goer.

Not really but are we really going to buy 10 players again this window? If we had that back 4 with a view to spending big on a CB over the next two windows I’d be all over it.

Jags and Keane haven’t even been too bad when they’ve played together either. IMO there’s much bigger priorities than CB as I’m hoping Holgate plays a big part this season.

LB, CM, the wings and another striker are all more pressing issues than CB assuming Holgate and Jags can do a job.

If Jags is still in the starting 11 for the 18/19 season - we're going to absolutely ship goals.

God love him, he's done a great job for the blues - and a CB that's put a shift in over the years.

It's time for us to get someone in alongside Keane - and then cover for Baines at LB, if we're going to take the Defence seriously next season.

Selling Niasse would be a great start especially if we can get in the region of £15m for him (people doubt it but find me a player with his half decent prem record who’s available for less - I’ll wait).

Not sure why people are against getting Rose? We probably have no chance. He’s a level above us so to turn down the idea is madness in my opinion.

Rose - new CB or even Jags - Keane - Coleman would be a great back line.

Then people saying no to Vardy as well? For the right price (which I doubt would happen) he’d be a brilliant alternative to Cenk. Very different style players who both are proven to score goals. If we had the chance to sell Niasse for £15m and bought Vardy for £30m I’d snap it up even at his age.

He scored 20 PL goals last season and would be great playing for Silva. Who else could we get that guarantees goals like he does? lol

EDIT: Not to mention that he seems to score in the big games.

This

As someone else said the days of buying 30 year olds for 30 million and paying them 100k plus a week are over.
I expect to see a few South American and Europeans under the age of 25 on reasonable ( 50-70k ) wages plus one or two big names in the 25/27 age group.
Hopefully 15 plus players go out over the next 3 windows

Vardy would be a bad signing. He's virtually entirely reliant on his pace and once it goes, he's done.
He's also not going to get much rest over the summer as he's off to the World Cup with England and played virtually every match for Leicester since they were promoted, so could struggle next season due to fatigue.
He's also characteristic of the poor signings made by Walsh and Koeman. Older, 'proven' players signed for big money, on big wages who just don't perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back