Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple of posts discussion vs couple of pages. I don’t have an issue with it I just think a player like Vardy isn’t worth discussing as we’d never go for him now.
I hope so, but pretty sure everyone said the same when we brought in the renowned unearther of gems Steve Walsh, only to find that this was exactly the type of signing he made. With that in mind, I think i'll wait and see what type of player we do go for before making any grand announcements about how the club will be doing business.

Replace Jags Bainea williams klaassen etc with warriors who are quality players...find the NEXT Ramos..etc

upload_2018-5-29_15-39-53.webp

Tosun’s decent enough but you’re right we need a top class forward. The issue is who? There’s not that many that are proven to score goals and even the best strikers from abroad struggle here at times.

I’d rather either go for an expensive but proven player like Vardy or give Walcott a chance and splash out on wingers. An expensive flop up top could be really bad for us unless we get lucky.

Counter attacking with Walcott up top, Lookman and a new talented winger with Gylfi behind them could make us overachieve massively.

If the rumours are true and Niasse may be off to Turkey for £15mil (where he did well and has now a good record in the premier league) then wed have Tosun and DCL only + Walcott as an option.

If were looking at Walcott there then Lozano is an option too (either wing + up front) who Suarez has stated is the one who could emulate his playing style the most...

Either go for Belotti at Torino whose still u25 but as proven as you can get OR go for 2 younger lads who have huge potential...if one achieves it then its a good investment.

I think rumours of other clubs interest are usually put out by agents who are either trying to get a better deal at their current club, or trying to give their client a better profile by linking them with a bigger club (you'll often see a player linked with us who then signs for a Championship club or someone in the Dutch league or something, who then announce it as a coup as if they've beaten us to the signing). I'm not sure that using us as bait would really work with a club like United, because they know full well that they could wait for the deal to be all but done and still get him because he'd drop us like a stone as soon as they called.

Or it could be Everton leaking this to see indirectly if Rose would be interested without exposing our desire...or even our own smokescreen.

...linked with Sampdoria’s 22 year old Uruguayan midfielder, Lucas Torriera.

Fanatik reporting Everton have offered Davy Klaassen to Besiktas on loan.

Wow!!! Two players now linked today who i want :p

TORREIRA and DIOP.

Those 2 signings would be game changers...

Torreira is around the same height as Marco Veratti and would be the deep midfielder who can spray the ball around...also a leader...fighter and all round star in the making.

Diop is the same height as Distin...cultured defender and looks elegant with the ball striding forward. Captain of Toulouse and just ACE.

2 potentially world class players...no exaggeration.

Lucas Torreiro looked a fine Serie A player the last two seasons. Reckon Roma will grab him myself.

Why Roma? Also theyve been linked to Kluivert heavily...

Could be that we see Brands vs Monchi in action?

Stekelenburg is a poor keeper. If anyone cares to check the vaults i explained that when he left Holland he nosedived dramatically.

The fact is that if Pickford got injured or had a bad run of form you need to have an option there;

1-- Experienced keeper whose happy to take the money and sit on the bench.

2-- Someone like the 19 year old ukrainian weve been linked to who could push pickford everyday to try and take his position. If he turns out better then he takes pickfords spot...if he does well but isnt at pickfords level we can sell and make a profit in the future and repeat the cycle.

Should be competition in EVERY position at every level of the club

He is perfectly fine as backup and not someone who urgently needs replacing. Why would a 19 year old goalie looking to push his career on come to sit on our bench? Also we don't need to bite and scratch for every penny of profit these days.

It would be nice, its just not an essential purchase just yet. We have holes all over the pitch as it is.

Marcel just PM’d you a link to Joris Gnagnon, get back to me x

Name rings a bell...similar type to Yobo?

If that's the case, definitely a player we should be in for

Has someone hacked Bluetoffs account?

First Vardy now King?

Surely we aim for players who could get us top 4 now or those who can do so in a couple of seasons.

Neither of those players would get in any lf the top sides...basically wed be buying players to cement 7th or 8th place short term?

Name rings a bell...similar type to Yobo?

Has someone hacked Bluetoffs account?

First Vardy now King?

Surely we aim for players who could get us top 4 now or those who can do so in a couple of seasons.

Neither of those players would get in any lf the top sides...basically wed be buying players to cement 7th or 8th place short term?

haha

I said Vardy because he's a proven player. I totally understand us not going for him but if we did I wouldn't be disappointed. He'd get us 15-20 goals and is something very different in style to Tosun. If Niasse is off, we'd do a lot worse.

King - I've liked for ages. I was a big advocate of us going for him last year.

He's 26, in his prime, proving in the league and can play in all the positions across the front line. He's quick and strong and is a good finisher. If he's available, then he'd be a very decent acquisition. Yes, maybe not as exciting as a Lozano, but depending on where we plan to spend the big money, King could come in for £20m, and cover the role of both winger and back-up striker.

We can't have a massive squad heading into the new season, and players who can play multiple roles well are what is required.

There's no reason to say we can't still go out and get players that can be of real quality either.

He is perfectly fine as backup and not someone who urgently needs replacing. Why would a 19 year old goalie looking to push his career on come to sit on our bench? Also we don't need to bite and scratch for every penny of profit these days.

It would be nice, its just not an essential purchase just yet. We have holes all over the pitch as it is.

Lets say the window closes and something happens to Pickford. Remember Howard in his final season, totally unreliable...very risky and dangerous not to have quality backup.

As for the 19 year old...its just an example but hed be training with englands keeper and be exposed to the coj try amd league. Arsenal and united have signed similar types of keepers before.

Could also sign for us on decent wages and be loaned out like stoke did with butland.

It's easily done, but you are forgetting about Sandro Ramirez btw mate.

haha

I said Vardy because he's a proven player. I totally understand us not going for him but if we did I wouldn't be disappointed. He'd get us 15-20 goals and is something very different in style to Tosun. If Niasse is off, we'd do a lot worse.

King - I've liked for ages. I was a big advocate of us going for him last year.

He's 26, in his prime, proving in the league and can play in all the positions across the front line. He's quick and strong and is a good finisher. If he's available, then he'd be a very decent acquisition. Yes, maybe not as exciting as a Lozano, but depending on where we plan to spend the big money, King could come in for £20m, and cover the role of both winger and back-up striker.

We can't have a massive squad heading into the new season, and players who can play multiple roles well are what is required.

There's no reason to say we can't still go out and get players that can be of real quality either.

If we had a young team of say 6 outfield players u23 + keeper...then 4 guys who were more short term but could add star quality to take us up a level then id agree...

But i think wed be better off getting in the young lads first then selecting the big hitters to compliment them...those players being top 4 level quality.

Like when United had the 'class of 92' coming through but then schmeichel + Cantona + Sheringham + Cole /Yorke / Stam etc to take the team to the next level

Josh King is the epitome of average. If you're signing players at their peak for £20m+ they've got to be a significant improvement on the players in your first team. King would be this seasons Bolasie, a half decent PL player who will get a few goals and assists but do nothing to make the side any better than it is at the moment. If we're employing a DoF and a manager and they can't find better value than the likes of him we might as well all give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back