Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If were looking at Walcott there then Lozano is an option too (either wing + up front) who Suarez has stated is the one who could emulate his playing style the most

Wow!!! Two players now linked today who i want :p

TORREIRA and DIOP.

Those 2 signings would be game changers...

Torreira is around the same height as Marco Veratti and would be the deep midfielder who can spray the ball around...also a leader...fighter and all round star in the making.

Diop is the same height as Distin...cultured defender and looks elegant with the ball striding forward. Captain of Toulouse and just ACE.

2 potentially world class players...no exaggeration.

Why Roma? Also theyve been linked to Kluivert heavily...

Could be that we see Brands vs Monchi in action?

I didn’t realise Suarez had said that about Lozano. I’ve said previously I see bits of Suarez and also Aguero in his movements.

Don’t know much about Torreira but just over £20m for a young playmaker who has apparently impressed in Seria A appears good value.

Diop would be the one I want most. Looks like a young Distin.

Lots of internet rumours about Roma close to signing Ziyech (not too fussed) and Kluivert (I really want him) from Ajax unfortunately.

That’s exactly the type of thinking that’s landed us with a squad full of garbage “Premier League proven” players that can’t kick a ball to each other.

And Sandro and Klaassen lad...

I think Lozano is probably a better player than King. But it depends on what system the new manager is wanting to play.

There's pros and cons to both - and no reason we couldn't get both, either, depending on who is shipped out, although Lozano is more likely to block Lookman's progression than King would be, for example.

I didn’t realise Suarez had said that about Lozano. I’ve said previously I see bits of Suarez and also Aguero in his movements.

Don’t know much about Torreira but just over £20m for a young playmaker who has apparently impressed in Seria A appears good value.

Diop would be the one I want most. Looks like a young Distin.

Lots of internet rumours about Roma close to signing Ziyech (not too fussed) and Kluivert (I really want him) from Ajax unfortunately.

Torreira will join Napoli as soon as they have the money for Jorginho. Unless we move quickly (I know). If that happens Diawara from them is worth looking at.

Tosun’s decent enough but you’re right we need a top class forward. The issue is who? There’s not that many that are proven to score goals and even the best strikers from abroad struggle here at times.

I’d rather either go for an expensive but proven player like Vardy or give Walcott a chance and splash out on wingers. An expensive flop up top could be really bad for us unless we get lucky.

Counter attacking with Walcott up top, Lookman and a new talented winger with Gylfi behind them could make us overachieve massively.
We need to find the next Lukaku or Kane.
Hopefully that's what brands was bought in to do

Stekelenburg is a poor keeper. If anyone cares to check the vaults i explained that when he left Holland he nosedived dramatically.

The fact is that if Pickford got injured or had a bad run of form you need to have an option there;

1-- Experienced keeper whose happy to take the money and sit on the bench.

2-- Someone like the 19 year old ukrainian weve been linked to who could push pickford everyday to try and take his position. If he turns out better then he takes pickfords spot...if he does well but isnt at pickfords level we can sell and make a profit in the future and repeat the cycle.

Should be competition in EVERY position at every level of the clubm

Well, it may be that the team has a few players who can potentially play for the first team but he needs a 'proven at that level' couple of players to help their development--could be a forward whose found his level who can knock in some goals to boost confidence...those types may never get into the first team but are worth it short term.

Hes a tricky one as if he reached his pre injury level hed be decent for a few seasons...BUT we could split the fee and wages for 2 potentially great younger lads

They use the Brands model...most likely would be Marseille.

Vardy - Same type of signing as Williams.

Niasse - if we got £15mil its worth selling him to invest in a potential superstar...add a heap on top and go for it!!

Funny you say that...one of my picks for greatness is Issa Diop from Toulouse. I sent PMs to a few people here a year ago saying we were approaching a few french and spanish teams about certain players...he was one of them.

Collossus of a player...potentially world class.

Needs a good season on loan for us to put him on the market and get a decent amount back.

Pace doesnt diaappear overnight?

Sylvain Distin.

Why would we want people to sit up and take notice? Thats what Man Utd are doing with some signings and look how those are turning out...

JonJoe Kenny.

I mentioned Diop above. Centre back and captain of Toulouse at 21.

The Ramos performance and subsequent adulation has reminded people about the difference a winner makes in the team.

We have Coleman as the only experienced player (aside from Pickford) who has leadership qualities and will to win.

Players like Klaassen, Williams and Sigurdsson who were club captains when we signed them are not the same mentality as a Tim Cahill / Coleman etc.

We have to bring in a couple of winners...or players with a winning mentality who will do anything to win

The idea was sound but the player type wasnt.

Replace Jags Bainea williams klaassen etc with warriors who are quality players...find the NEXT Ramos..etc

And breathe

If the rumours are true and Niasse may be off to Turkey for £15mil (where he did well and has now a good record in the premier league) then wed have Tosun and DCL only + Walcott as an option.

If were looking at Walcott there then Lozano is an option too (either wing + up front) who Suarez has stated is the one who could emulate his playing style the most...

Either go for Belotti at Torino whose still u25 but as proven as you can get OR go for 2 younger lads who have huge potential...if one achieves it then its a good investment.

Or it could be Everton leaking this to see indirectly if Rose would be interested without exposing our desire...or even our own smokescreen.

Wow!!! Two players now linked today who i want :p

TORREIRA and DIOP.

Those 2 signings would be game changers...

Torreira is around the same height as Marco Veratti and would be the deep midfielder who can spray the ball around...also a leader...fighter and all round star in the making.

Diop is the same height as Distin...cultured defender and looks elegant with the ball striding forward. Captain of Toulouse and just ACE.

2 potentially world class players...no exaggeration.

Why Roma? Also theyve been linked to Kluivert heavily...

Could be that we see Brands vs Monchi in action?

I thought the Kluivert to Roma deal was done and dusted???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back