Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally misses the argument that myself and others are making in signing someone like King, like.

Maybe I'm biased, because I watched a lot of Bournemouth in 16-17, a season in which King was superb.

He struggled last season playing in a role behind the striker - one he has never played in before - and he has acknowledged that fact.

He still scored eight league goals, so that would have made him our joint second-highest scorer with Niasse.

He's a better all-round player than Niasse, and can play on the wing or up front. He's 26, fast and strong, good in the air and has quick feet.

Yes you’re bias, not to worry mate, World Cup is coming you can find more than a dozen players better than king if you bother to cast your eyes on them.
The world of Football is more than bornemouth can offer.

Adding 5 first team starters wont work

Probably won't but its what's needed. In fact i think we need more

Back up keeper
Left back
2 centre halves
Left winger
Box to box midfielder
Creative mid
Striker

All that wont happen unfortunately as there is no way we can ship out

Stekkelenberg
Jags
Williams
Keane
Morgan
Yannick
Klassen
Sandro

All in one window for starter.

Shame.

Adding 5 first team starters wont work

I dont even think thats the plan.

This Brands fella inst here to transform the side this summer. Nor is Silva, (or whoever). If in 2 or 3 seasons time though, a really good side, with more than a sprinkling of players coming though the youth system, takes shape, then we are laughing.

Like everything at this club, as we have alluded to @Brisan123 in other threads, take the natural short term goggles off, and have a peak about......

I just dont see what he offers. He isnt quick, he doesnt have the vision for a through ball. To me hes a wasted player than only offers a free kick threat.

He has a decent football brain, which we've so sorely lacked over the last few years it's made everyone think he's fantastic.

Yes you’re bias, not to worry mate, World Cup is coming you can find more than a dozen players better than king if you bother to cast your eyes on them.
The world of Football is more than bornemouth can offer.

I get paid to watch footy lad - I understand that.

There's plenty of better players than King, in the Premier League and other leagues. Totally get it.

If we're after a quick, classy winger, how about Samu Castillejo from Villarreal, or if we want a box-to-box playmaker, Dani Parejo from Valencia.

A quick, powerful centre-half, maybe Kevin Vogt from Hoffenheim...

I can drop the name game like anyone else. There's risks signing players from lower Prem sides (Bolasie, though injury has to be factored in), but there's also risks signing players from abroad who are in that 'second tier' as well - i.e. Sandro, Klaasen.

But, King is a proven goalscorer in the Prem who can cover three positions along the front line. He's quick and would improve our attacking options.

How many would you get in? I think another big churn of players may not be useful too. We may need a few more too for the squad, it depends who goes first. But I see those as the minimum requirements though
They are minimum requirements but I think it will be done over 3/4 windows.
A squad of 37 needs to be culled to 22/23 before 5/6 players can be brought in .
i expect a major clear out this summer ,either sales,loans with a view to move on later .or free giveaways.
Robles
Steks
Jags
Williams
Baines
Pennington
Browning
Martina
Galloway
Bolassie
Klassen
Sandro
Rooney
Garbutt
Morgan
Klassen
Niasse
Tarashaj
Plus a few of the younger lads will be gone hopefully by June 2019
some hopefully immediately ,Williams ,Mirallas etc others Baines by next summer

Last edited:
I dont even think thats the plan.

This Brands fella inst here to transform the side this summer. Nor is Silva, (or whoever). If in 2 or 3 seasons time though, a really good side, with more than a sprinkling of players coming though the youth system, takes shape, then we are laughing.

Like everything at this club, as we have alluded to @Brisan123 in other threads, take the natural short term goggles off, and have a peak about......
I wonder if we will start announcing new signings at the Liver Building with contract Dave lol.
As you said bigger picture to see in 5 years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back