Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the names out own fans link is too always gets me.

They ask for ambition but tout the likes of Josh King about, it doesn’t add up.

Sadly lads if we are going to break the top 4 it will be a mix of unknown players Brands has been scouting as well as top quality players.

So start being ambitious and stop asking for mediocre sewage works like Bolasie, Williams.

Sadly lads if we are going to break the top 4 it will be a mix of unknown players Brands has been scouting as well as top quality players.

So start being ambitious and stop asking for mediocre sewage works like Bolasie, Williams.

I find it amusing.

I’m not sure which is worse though. The fans who suggest the likes of King or the ones who think we can sign players like Icardi.

I find it amusing.

I’m not sure which is worse though. The fans who suggest the likes of King or the ones who think we can sign players like Icardi.
As i said earlier we wont be signing neymar or Bobby L but we wont be signing Deeney or Grealish either.
Some good south american and european youngsters and second tier older players.

Lets say the window closes and something happens to Pickford. Remember Howard in his final season, totally unreliable...very risky and dangerous not to have quality backup.

As for the 19 year old...its just an example but hed be training with englands keeper and be exposed to the coj try amd league. Arsenal and united have signed similar types of keepers before.

Could also sign for us on decent wages and be loaned out like stoke did with butland.

If that happened I would have more faith in Stekelenberg than some random 19 year old who may be a good prospect but would not be ready. Goalie isn't a position for youth for me. It's not really a position where you can afford to learn on the job.

We could get an emergency loan if worst came to worst.

As I said, not against getting another one, I just don't think its a major need.

Josh king is atrocious lol

anyone suggesting him needs to go to bed now

He isn't atrocious at all - he's a very decent Premier League striker.

If we're after a forward who can play anywhere across the line and will have no trouble settling into the league, plus is in the prime years of his career, then we could do a lot worse.

Totally misses the argument that myself and others are making in signing someone like King, like.

Maybe I'm biased, because I watched a lot of Bournemouth in 16-17, a season in which King was superb.

He struggled last season playing in a role behind the striker - one he has never played in before - and he has acknowledged that fact.

He still scored eight league goals, so that would have made him our joint second-highest scorer with Niasse.

He's a better all-round player than Niasse, and can play on the wing or up front. He's 26, fast and strong, good in the air and has quick feet.

King is ok but I'd rather go for Martial failing that Dembele. Someone will buy Dembele and he will double in value as soon as he starts scoring in the PL.

Quick question from a lurker - As Brands seems to have an good understanding of the South American market, does anyone know what the rules are regarding signing young talent from there? IIRC there are issues with work permits for non-europeans that dont seem to exist for other European clubs which is why Chelsea, for example, have that wierd link up with that Belgian club so they can park players there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back