Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

If that happened I would have more faith in Stekelenberg than some random 19 year old who may be a good prospect but would not be ready. Goalie isn't a position for youth for me. It's not really a position where you can afford to learn on the job.

We could get an emergency loan if worst came to worst.

As I said, not against getting another one, I just don't think its a major need.

A-- If Pickford got injured would you be comfortable playing Stekelenburg for a large amount of games?

B-- These keepers arent unproven...capped fully and highly regarded.

He isn't atrocious at all - he's a very decent Premier League striker.

If we're after a forward who can play anywhere across the line and will have no trouble settling into the league, plus is in the prime years of his career, then we could do a lot worse.

We could do a lot better than cementing 7th place.

Without risk theres no reward

Quick question from a lurker - As Brands seems to have an good understanding of the South American market, does anyone know what the rules are regarding signing young talent from there? IIRC there are issues with work permits for non-europeans that dont seem to exist for other European clubs which is why Chelsea, for example, have that wierd link up with that Belgian club so they can park players there

75% of full internationals played in past 12months
OR
Transfer fee in top 25% of premier league
OR
Special dispensation

How many would you get in? I think another big churn of players may not be useful too. We may need a few more too for the squad, it depends who goes first. But I see those as the minimum requirements though

Realistically 3 starters CB / LB / CM.

3 more who would become starters over the season.

They would be a stepping stone. I think if we had european games it would make these types easier to attract.

We should put a bid in, we’ve got nothing Toulouse.

Beautiful.

Yeh I mean I'd rather shag Jennifer Lawrence than my bird, but hey ho, life innit

Just ask Jen for a date...set your goals higher.

Torriera and Diop are the exact players we should be targeting. The next gen of top top players.

Precisely.

If PSV were interested I wonder could we ask their DOF could we have a look at his file on this young goalkeeper.

Have i brainwashed you :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back