Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thinking was that Lookman, Walcott and Shaqiri could cover the wide positions between them. Sell Bolasie to cover the transfer fee for Shaqiri.

I’d rather we get Lozano or Kluivert for out wide but £12m does seem like a very low fee for a player of his talent.
Apparently he created the 6th most chances in the league last season.
Kluivert has gone to Roma

My thinking was that Lookman, Walcott and Shaqiri could cover the wide positions between them. Sell Bolasie to cover the transfer fee for Shaqiri.

I’d rather we get Lozano or Kluivert for out wide but £12m does seem like a very low fee for a player of his talent.
Apparently he created the 6th most chances in the league last season.

Ya he is a decent player. A level above bolaise. More consistant than mirallas. As neville southall rightly said we spend too much on medioker players. We need to spend id pefer if we had a 100 mill a season to spend to spend on 2 quality players rather than more riff raff. We have too many now as it is.

I perfer to give lookman game time

This. Plus Shaqiri runs hot and cold for me. He isn't like some players who will give 100% effort even if they're having a stinker. If he's having a bad game then that really is it for the match- he'll disappear and have effect. I know a lot of 'flair' players are like that and its in the nature of their play style, but I still believe there are better options out there. I'd be much happier offloading Bolasie (nothing personal, but he's not done it for me) and giving this Lozano lad a try. Even Josh King is a more consistent option.

Tbf swapping Shaqiri for Bolasie would be a 1 in 8 player for a 0 in ever player so if we could really sign him for 15 and got 15 for Bolasie it would be an upgrade... hopefully our sights are set a bit more exciting though

We're not interested in Shaquiri

We're not interested in Carvalho

Why does everyone fall for the same rumours every single summer?

Carvalho is more likely this summer as he was silvas captain at sporting and alot of the players are trying to leave the club sue to the fans attacking the players.

He still didn’t pass the ball that well in his 1st season. I think you’re just making excuses for him, very limited footballer who’s nearly 29. Won’t improve anytime soon.

I won’t loose any sleep when he’s no longer playing for us, hopefully we won’t be waiting to long.
The thing is though, if he had dynamic, creative midfielders around him, he would have to pass it more than 5 yards, because people would actually be moving toward him to receive the ball from him. Also, even accepting that we all see things differently, i can think of no reason to make excuses for him. He does what it says on the tin and does it well. He just needs players with courage and a little skill surrounding him to do something creative with the ball wehn he wins it for them!

Would anyone take Shaqiri? From a financial point of view £12-13m for a player of his talent is a bargain.

i would, would be a great option for a squad player and we'd make a profit on selling him if it doesn't work out anyway. We're all in agreement that mirallas, bolasie and sandro should/will be out of the door, which leaves walcott and 3 (plus onyekuru next year) youngsters as our wide options (plus siggy if you want to play him out of position). I would like another with a bit more experience there tbh.

Shaqiri plus another for the starting XI would give us good attacking options imo, offloading those three, giving us the opportunity to loan either vlasic or dowell out to get regular game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back