Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
..not sure. He’s a bit marmite on here.
Wasnt sure he had what it takes myself , but he's been excellent , totally changed my mind on him.
He's really upped his workrate , looks good defending and pops up with a few goals now.
Believe Pep wanted him as cover for Mendy a while ago.
Much improved player.

Wasnt sure he had what it takes myself , but he's been excellent , totally changed my mind on him.
He's really upped his workrate , looks good defending and pops up with a few goals now.
Believe Pep wanted him as cover for Mendy a while ago.
Much improved player.

..I liked him 18 months ago when I saw him playing for Sunderland. Thought he was a stand out but folk who watched him much more than me suggest he was useless.

I remember the window we signed McFadden and about 5 others on deadline day. Everything seemed out if the blue back then.

Saying that Liverpool seemed to sign this lad from Monaco without loads of chat so it can be done (unless there was rumour and chat and I just didn’t pick up on it cos I don’t pay them much attention).

Think there was no talk about it because they rushed it in order to try and cheer up their fan base seeing as they were all crying.
I did think why would he sign for them before the world cup when there was these apparent big teams after him... Didn't realise he's not even in the squad, so that interest was obviously all fabricated.

I don't understand the rules of work permits though if he got one.

Think there was no talk about it because they rushed it in order to try and cheer up their fan base seeing as they were all crying.
I did think why would he sign for them before the world cup when there was these apparent big teams after him... Didn't realise he's not even in the squad, so that interest was obviously all fabricated.

I don't understand the rules of work permits though if he got one.
He's been playing in Europe for 6 years so guessing that is why. I am also not up on the rules though so could be something else like he has a European passport through family or something.

Failed footballer does drugs (?) gets dumped yet charitably a top club brings him under his wing, gives him a highly unusual second chance and is re-signed back to his former club .... Wearing a tee shirt with a freemasons symbol on it.

Ummmm :dodgy: Everton? Are we above board? Bill?
That genuinely made me lol!

DCL needs a loan, nowhere near good enough. Personally I don't think he ever will be. A loan to a Huddersfield or a Derby Co would be ideal. Probably the latter would be the preference.

I think Silva and Brands might want to give Sandro another go...
I would only sell Niasse if we bring in a striker who is clearly better than him. We know he gets goals and is the perfect sub to run and put a shift in.
Tosun > Niasse > Sandro > Walcott then the likes of Hornby etc.

I am torn on Robinson. I would rather the new management team have a good look at him in pre-season. I'd rather give him a chance than sign a back-up LB. Alternatively, if we have the doe, get a first team LB (Rodriguez at Inter for example) and loan out Robinson.

I would keep Jags, but sell Williams and Funes Mori. Sign a top top centre-half to play alongside Keane, with Holgate and Jags in reserve. Maybe sign a promising 19-22 year old as well.

I would try and sell Klassan. I like the lad but for £18m+ we could better use the money. Napoli were interested in January...

Bolasie is just not good enough, sell him and Mirallas. Should get £20m for the pair... maybe.

Besic I would keep, McCarthy and Schneiderlin I would sell. Should get £35m for the pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back