Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see us signing any players who will be competing in the World Cup until it’s over, or their country is knocked out.

From a player and agents perspective, it wouldn’t make business sense to remove yourself from the shop window before the shop is even open.... or something like that.

....Daily Mail linking us with Patrick van Aanholt. Apparently Brands is an admirer of the player. That report also suggests Danny Rose does not want to swap North London for Merseyside.

I can’t see us signing any players who will be competing in the World Cup until it’s over, or their country is knocked out.

From a player and agents perspective, it wouldn’t make business sense to remove yourself from the shop window before the shop is even open.... or something like that.

Clubs maybe but you'd think players that could potentially double or triple their wages would be keen to get a move done incase they get injured at the tournament.

....Daily Mail linking us with Patrick van Aanholt. Apparently Brands is an admirer of the player. That report also suggests Danny Rose does not want to swap North London for Merseyside.
Van Aanholt has been excellent this past year , most improved player I've seen for a while.
I like this lad very much,is he gettable tho ?

It would be incredible if there was an announcement video and it shows a walkthrough of the club. The final scene has the camera showing Brands sat behina desk saying “welcome to Everton....”
Silva, Lozano and Kluivert are all sat across the desk from him!
Scenes!!!!

Lets look at the season just gone.

Kooman and Allerdyce both messed around with the defence,both tried and failed with 3 cb's and 2 wing backs.

We rarely had a stable team, changes being made weekly.

That unsettles players, so when they play well one week they suddenly find themselves on the bench or out of the squad completely the next.

Keane found himself trying to build a partnership with Jags one game, Holgate the next and Williams the next.

We had complete disarray in the full back position with Seamus and Baines both out, JJK did well, Cuco didnt.

Gana was paired with Schniederlin one game,then Rooney, the Beni, then McCarthy and then Schniderlin again.

Sygi was asked to play left wing, centre mid, upfront and the NO 10 role, then he was dropped.

We played an out of form Rooney in every midfield position there is, as well as playing him wide left wide right and CF.

Up until January our CF's were DCL and Niasse.

The current squad does need looking at, but IMO, not major surgery.

What we need more than anything is players to be played in their best position week in and week out and give the defence, midfield and attack a chance to build up an understanding of each others strengths and weaknesses.

That said we need

CB
LB
CM
CF

I agree we need consistentcy but you only wanted to buy one more than me and the keeper I mentioned was intended as backup. I was taking five or six and some of those are for the squad.

It would be incredible if there was an announcement video and it shows a walkthrough of the club. The final scene has the camera showing Brands sat behina desk saying “welcome to Everton....”
Scenes!!!!

Remember the days when three players would be unveiled at one presser? Not via a twitter clip.

Scenes!!!!
The last two names on that list would make my heart go crazy, the other name will make me go meh

Remember the days when three players would be unveiled at one presser? Not via a twitter clip.

I remember the window we signed McFadden and about 5 others on deadline day. Everything seemed out if the blue back then.

Saying that Liverpool seemed to sign this lad from Monaco without loads of chat so it can be done (unless there was rumour and chat and I just didn’t pick up on it cos I don’t pay them much attention).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back