Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danilo Pereira is also boss, but got injured badly last season. Either ankle or achilles, can't remember.

Not sure when he's due back.

The others across the park are buying smart again. Fabino and keita are excellent buys and straight into first 11. Fekir will prob be brought in before we even get in a manager. The difference in the starting 11 of both teams now and 5 years ago says it all about our current state. There wasnt much between the starting 11 over all 5 years ago. Maybe we would have got 4 maybe 5 into a combined 11. Pickford is the only one now. We cant even put coleman in the on current form. And we are a riff raff squad with some of them getting 3 year contract extensions. Cull cull cull /rat a tat tat .

We need youth speed and quality. We have none of those 3 currently.

The others across the park are buying smart again. Fabino and keita are excellent buys and straight into first 11. Fekir will prob be brought in before we even get in a manager. The difference in the starting 11 of both teams now and 5 years ago says it all about our current state. There wasnt much between the starting 11 over all 5 years ago. Maybe we would have got 4 maybe 5 into a combined 11. Pickford is the only one now. We cant even put coleman in the on current form. And we are a riff raff squad with some of them getting 3 year contract extensions. Cull cull cull /rat a tat tat .

We need youth speed and quality. We have none of those 3 currently.

On a positive note though it shows what can be done with some future planning in mind. Klopp has bought players to fit into a system and has bought them all at a good age (not many if any over the age of 27).
Nothing stopping us from doing similar (although we will have less choice due to us not being as attractive to potential signings)

Would anyone take Shaqiri? From a financial point of view £12-13m for a player of his talent is a bargain.

He falls between the grate as a whopper, but a talented player, when he can be arsed, to me.

This the Stoke bloke yeah?

He falls between the grate as a whopper, but a talented player, when he can be arsed, to me.

This the Stoke bloke yeah?

Yeah, that’s the guy.

Definite whopper but he’s definitely got ability. Can collect the ball in tight spaces and keep hold of it. I’m not sure if he only plays out on the right or if he’d be able to play behind a striker in a Mata type role.

Its a no from me.

Talented player, 1 game in 15.

Plays when he can be arsed, stumpy Hobbit faced Weasel.

No.

Agreed. Too much Drenthe about him between the ears.

Plus, he'll complete two stepovers one time, contribute nothing for us ever again, and ten years later we'll still be enduring moans that we shouldn't have sold him, after he scores for Borussia Dallas or whatever in the MLS and it goes briefly viral on Youtube.

I perfer to give lookman game time

My thinking was that Lookman, Walcott and Shaqiri could cover the wide positions between them. Sell Bolasie to cover the transfer fee for Shaqiri.

I’d rather we get Lozano or Kluivert for out wide but £12m does seem like a very low fee for a player of his talent.
Apparently he created the 6th most chances in the league last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back