Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaqiri turned us down once in favour of Stoke in 2015, another mercenary who wants the dollar. Had enough of these players who reckon we owe them a top up on their future retirement plans.

Can’t see him doing Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday & repeat to repay Stoke for the financial extravagance they’ve thrown his way these past few years.....one to give a wide berth to in my opinion. Paper talk. May have had more respect had he been honest and said he sliced it when opinions were split on the did he mean to or not debate in silencing the Gwladys St in one of those topsy turvy games we got used to when defending wasn’t seen as a priority by those in the hot seat!

Vardy would be another backwards step. Very good player on his day but he can't have many years left at the top level. We need players approaching their prime.

DCL needs a loan, nowhere near good enough. Personally I don't think he ever will be. A loan to a Huddersfield or a Derby Co would be ideal. Probably the latter would be the preference.

I think Silva and Brands might want to give Sandro another go...
I would only sell Niasse if we bring in a striker who is clearly better than him. We know he gets goals and is the perfect sub to run and put a shift in.
Tosun > Niasse > Sandro > Walcott then the likes of Hornby etc.

I am torn on Robinson. I would rather the new management team have a good look at him in pre-season. I'd rather give him a chance than sign a back-up LB. Alternatively, if we have the doe, get a first team LB (Rodriguez at Inter for example) and loan out Robinson.

I would keep Jags, but sell Williams and Funes Mori. Sign a top top centre-half to play alongside Keane, with Holgate and Jags in reserve. Maybe sign a promising 19-22 year old as well.

I would try and sell Klassan. I like the lad but for £18m+ we could better use the money. Napoli were interested in January...

Bolasie is just not good enough, sell him and Mirallas. Should get £20m for the pair... maybe.

Besic I would keep, McCarthy and Schneiderlin I would sell. Should get £35m for the pair.

Second-highest scorer and leading assister last season

But okay

We're always rumoured as in contention with Liverpool targets, so I vote we put in a bid for James Maddison, at Norwich. Seems a very good player.

Ones to Watch - World Cup Edition:-

Dendonker - Anderlecht
Fabra - Boca Juniors
Dolberg - Ajax
Lemar - Monaco
Tah - Leverkusen
Goretzka - Schalke
Werner - Leipzig
Lozano - PSV
Zielinski- Napoli
Martins - Sporting Lisbon
Guedes - Valencia
Balde Keita - Monaco
Milinkovic-Savic - Lazio
Torreira - Sampdoria

Ones to Watch - World Cup Edition:-

Dendonker - Anderlecht
Fabra - Boca Juniors
Dolberg - Ajax
Lemar - Monaco
Tah - Leverkusen
Goretzka - Schalke
Werner - Leipzig
Lozano - PSV
Zielinski- Napoli
Martins - Sporting Lisbon
Guedes - Valencia
Balde Keita - Monaco
Milinkovic-Savic - Lazio
Torreira - Sampdoria

Goretzka has signed for Bayern Munich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back