Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
....it’s Thursday 31st May which means there’s a day to go befor Brands arrives at USM Finch Farm. Here’s what’s being said this morning;

- Turkish outlet, Fanatik, claim Galatasaray have bid for Everton forward, Oumar Niasse, and go as far as saying officials are flying in this week to discuss a deal.

- The Daily Mail report Everton could revive their interest in Crystal Palace left back, Patrick van Aanholt. Marcel Brands apparently targeted van Aanholt for PSV in 2017.

- Swiss newspaper, Blick, suggest Xherdan Shaqiri has become a target for Everton, Spurs and Southampton. The 26 year old winger made 36 league appearances for Stoke last season.

- Portuguese media outlet, A Bola, claim incoming boss, Marco Silva, wants Sporting CP midfielder, William Carvalho, to join him at Everton.

- The BBC report Oldham have re-signed Everton playmaker, Jose Baxter, on a one-year deal ‘in principle’.

- According to the Liverpool Echo, Steven Gerrard plans to raid Everton for midfielder, Alex Denny. The 18 year old is yet to sign another contract at Everton and Rangers are thought to be keen on giving him a further option.

- italian outlet, FC InterNews, report Everton have entered the race for Inter midfielder, Joao Mario. Mario spent the 2nd half of last season on loan at West Ham who are also keen on signing the player, along with Manchester United. Mario’s agent, Kia Joorabchian, says he wants to wait until after the World Cup in the hope there’s a bidding war for the Portuguese midfielder.

Well, look on the bright side. All of these signings and potential recruitment are all a lot more exciting than when we were linked with Troy Deeney under Allardyce...

....it’s Thursday 31st May which means there’s a day to go befor Brands arrives at USM Finch Farm. Here’s what’s being said this morning;

- Turkish outlet, Fanatik, claim Galatasaray have bid for Everton forward, Oumar Niasse, and go as far as saying officials are flying in this week to discuss a deal.

- The Daily Mail report Everton could revive their interest in Crystal Palace left back, Patrick van Aanholt. Marcel Brands apparently targeted van Aanholt for PSV in 2017.

- Swiss newspaper, Blick, suggest Xherdan Shaqiri has become a target for Everton, Spurs and Southampton. The 26 year old winger made 36 league appearances for Stoke last season.

- Portuguese media outlet, A Bola, claim incoming boss, Marco Silva, wants Sporting CP midfielder, William Carvalho, to join him at Everton.

- The BBC report Oldham have re-signed Everton playmaker, Jose Baxter, on a one-year deal ‘in principle’.

- According to the Liverpool Echo, Steven Gerrard plans to raid Everton for midfielder, Alex Denny. The 18 year old is yet to sign another contract at Everton and Rangers are thought to be keen on giving him a further option.

- italian outlet, FC InterNews, report Everton have entered the race for Inter midfielder, Joao Mario. Mario spent the 2nd half of last season on loan at West Ham who are also keen on signing the player, along with Manchester United. Mario’s agent, Kia Joorabchian, says he wants to wait until after the World Cup in the hope there’s a bidding war for the Portuguese midfielder.
I never feel that I am ready for the day until I have had my "portion of Eggs"!

He's been playing in Europe for 6 years so guessing that is why. I am also not up on the rules though so could be something else like he has a European passport through family or something.
A lot of Brazilians are entitle to Portuguese passports and I think a lot of Argentinian and Uruguayan players get Italian passports
Could be totally wrong though lol

i would, would be a great option for a squad player and we'd make a profit on selling him if it doesn't work out anyway. We're all in agreement that mirallas, bolasie and sandro should/will be out of the door, which leaves walcott and 3 (plus onyekuru next year) youngsters as our wide options (plus siggy if you want to play him out of position). I would like another with a bit more experience there tbh.

Shaqiri plus another for the starting XI would give us good attacking options imo, offloading those three, giving us the opportunity to loan either vlasic or dowell out to get regular game time.

Shaquiri as a squad player.
We have 37 squad players
We are trying to get rid of squad players
We were crap of the highest order last season because all we had were squad players.
We need to only sign players who will automatically without question walk straight into our first 11
There are only 5/6 players in our squad who I’d consider good enough to be on our first 11 AT THIS PRESENT MOMENT

Caps to stop the what about the youth

I see we're still basically just linked with the same middle of the road crap we were under Walsh and Allardyce.
Hope it's just the 'journalists' are lazy useless gits which I suspect is very likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back