Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean 4-1-4-1 has me semi-hard, it just seems sexual.

Whether its a system that would work in this league, but imagine :

Pickford
Coleman - Holgate - Hummels - Alex Sandro
Willy C
Walcott - Iceland- Modric - Messi
Tosun
I think Gana could do that role. His forte is interrupting play and winning the ball. His problem last season was that having won it, he would look around and see nobody, absolutely nobody willing to accept the ball from him. If we played a team with more attack minded, less lily-livered players ahead of him, i think he would be like he was in his first season with us, i.e. epic!

He didn't exactly set the world on fire last season when we had to rely on him did he. Im not saying he's crap, but what iam saying is , if we hold any ambitions on improving our finishing position next season, then DCL or Niasse are not the answer, especially if Tosun picks up an injury.

We headed into last season lacking cover at LB and look what that resulted in.

Agreed we have vacuum's elsewhere that need addressing, but another CF should be looked at with equal importance.
We have exactly the same problem if other key players get injured, whether that be Tosun, Coleman, Geuye, Siggy, Walcott and, god forbid, Pickford. But at least we have decent players in those starting positions already. There are 4 or 5 positions where we have to buy starters because the players we have there are just not good enough at the moment. For instance DCL last year who was our first choice striker up until Tosun came in. So we need a minimum 1 centre back, a left back, a centre midfielder and an attacking midfielder/wide man. They have to be the priority before we start even looking at players for back up.

Those 4 players will cost us a minimum of £100m if they are to be of the quality we need, probably more. That's still leaving us having to play one of Holgate, Keane or RFM as the other starting centre back.

We're not going to fix everything overnight mate. It's going to take a number of windows or the quick development of some of our young players, like DCL, or Lookman or Vlasic or Beni.

I think Gana could do that role. His forte is interrupting play and winning the ball. His problem last season was that having won it, he would look around and see nobody, absolutely nobody willing to accept the ball from him. If we played a team with more attack minded, less lily-livered players ahead of him, i think he would be like he was in his first season with us, i.e. epic!

definitely. he just needs to look up and pass forwards. still think we should of been running all season. with a front 3 and fast forward play

Gana
Klaassen Gylfi​

We have exactly the same problem if other key players get injured, whether that be Tosun, Coleman, Geuye, Siggy, Walcott and, god forbid, Pickford. But at least we have decent players in those starting positions already. There are 4 or 5 positions where we have to buy starters because the players we have there are just not good enough at the moment. For instance DCL last year who was our first choice striker up until Tosun came in. So we need a minimum 1 centre back, a left back, a centre midfielder and an attacking midfielder/wide man. They have to be the priority before we start even looking at players for back up.

Those 4 players will cost us a minimum of £100m if they are to be of the quality we need, probably more. That's still leaving us having to play one of Holgate, Keane or RFM as the other starting centre back.

We're not going to fix everything overnight mate. It's going to take a number of windows or the quick development of some of our young players, like DCL, or Lookman or Vlasic or Beni.

Again i agree with most of what you say.

We need all the positions you mention covered although i think in Walcott, Lookman ( hopefully we keep him), Vlasic and Bolassie, we have the attacking wide position pretty much covered.

An attacking LB would be a really good signing.
A CB or 2 are also needed, but i think if Keane gets a regular partner this season, like he had at Burnley, he will come good.
1 good holding DM is a necessity.

And of course a striker lol.

Its not going to happen overnight, i realise that, the mess created in the last 18 months will take at least that to try and sort out.

R-191273-1373797165-7994.jpeg.jpg

NquCdie.gif

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

220px-William_Carvalho.jpg
I said the top one mate....uncanny.

I wonder if Alexander O'neil played a concert in Angola about 27 years ago :oops:

Again i agree with most of what you say.

We need all the positions you mention covered although i think in Walcott, Lookman ( hopefully we keep him), Vlasic and Bolassie, we have the attacking wide position pretty much covered.

An attacking LB would be a really good signing.
A CB or 2 are also needed, but i think if Keane gets a regular partner this season, like he had at Burnley, he will come good.
1 good holding DM is a necessity.

And of course a striker lol.

Its not going to happen overnight, i realise that, the mess created in the last 18 months will take at least that to try and sort out.
We aren't far away in our thinking mate. I'd prioritise a replacement to Bolasie over a replacement to DCL, that's all.​

Yeh, I can imagine him going there - looks a very similar player.

He looks a classy player. Only seen him play once though so apart from the youtube clips that's all I can offer.

However, he's 5'6. I know it sounds stupid to say, but there's a big chance he'd be completely bullied out in the Premier League in that position.

And looking at how Silva has liked to play before, he doesn't usually have somebody that small and slight operating in midfield.

Dunno, Gana isn’t tall and doesn’t get bullied neither did Scholes. That Ascacibar I mentioned yesterday is tiny too and smashes everyone in Germany.

City play it.
To do it you need an outstanding DM ( Fernandinho) and a high energy box to box midfielder who can pick a pass and score as well.
Difference is their 4 behind the striker are some of the most creative and dynamic players on the planet, meanwhile we've got gash like bolasie and Icelandic Seb Larson

He still didn’t pass the ball that well in his 1st season. I think you’re just making excuses for him, very limited footballer who’s nearly 29. Won’t improve anytime soon.

I won’t loose any sleep when he’s no longer playing for us, hopefully we won’t be waiting to long.

Don’t have to be mobile to be good at footie. Would love Willy C here.

..it depends on who’s around you. Rooney and Schneiderlin couldn’t run when in possession last season so we were left with 2 quarterbacks sitting deep and spraying passes. Easy to defend against. Gueye is more of a ratter. We desperately need agility and athleticism in this squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back