Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean 4-1-4-1 has me semi-hard, it just seems sexual.

Whether its a system that would work in this league, but imagine :

Pickford
Coleman - Holgate - Hummels - Alex Sandro
Willy C
Walcott - Iceland- Modric - Messi
Tosun
I bought Hummels in FIFA, therefore it is technically possible. In all honesty, Willy C could be possible

R-191273-1373797165-7994.jpeg.jpg

NquCdie.gif

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

220px-William_Carvalho.jpg

Wouldn't argue with that, but we don't have a bottomless pit of money to bring in every player we need, plus we have a lot of deadwood that needs moving on to free up salaries. For me our priority has to be, in order, LCB, CM, LB and AM. They also HAVE to be good enough to go straight in to starting XI. We already have enough young squad players that need further developing.

I also think you are expecting an awful lot out of our coaching staff if you feel they can make those decisions on DCL and Tosun, based on 6 weeks training (half of which will focus on fitness) and maybe 4 pre season games in which each player will probably get no more than 45 minutes. All this whilst trying to introduce a completely new system to the team. the last thing I want is us making hasty decisions on them and the have to make further hasty decisions in the transfer market given that it closes in early August.

As regards Tosun, who one would imagine will go into the season as our starting striker, you want us to be reasonably confident he could get us 20 goals a season. If not, presumably you think we should bring in somebody who could. Well in the last 5 years there have only been a total of 9 players who have scored more than 20 goals in a season. Suarez, Aguero, Kane, Lukaku, Salah, Vardy, Sanchez, Costa and Sturridge. Think on that for a moment.

As regards DCL, IMO he should go into the season as back up to Tosun, with the emphasis being on developing him through limited game time and personal 1-1 coaching centred on his weak areas.

Come January, if it turns out we have a serious problem in the striking area, then we can look at finding a fix then. But for me, there are more important area's to deal with this summer.

I agree with what you say but, the thought of going into another season with only 1 recognised striker in the squad does make me nervous. If Cenk Tosun picks up an injury early on, we will once again be left with DCL or Niasse, if he stays, as our only striking options.

I'd like to see us sign a CF, please.

I agree with what you say but, the thought of going into another season with only 1 recognised striker in the squad does make me nervous. If Cenk Tosun picks up an injury early on, we will once again be left with DCL or Niasse, if he stays, as our only striking options.

I'd like to see us sign a CF, please.
DCL is by no means the worst back up in the league, and Niasse has shown how effective he can be from the bench. Also Walcott can play the striker role and, in certain games where we could expect to be under the cosh, I'd probably start him furthest forward anyway.

If we've got any money left over after filling the vacuum elsewhere, then I'd look at that position. But we don't need 4 strikers, so you'd either sell Niasse (which I'd rather not) or loan out DCL, which I'd only do to a another premier league club or abroad to maybe Germany or France.

DCL is by no means the worst back up in the league, and Niasse has shown how effective he can be from the bench. Also Walcott can play the striker role and, in certain games where we could expect to be under the cosh, I'd probably start him furthest forward anyway.

If we've got any money left over after filling the vacuum elsewhere, then I'd look at that position. But we don't need 4 strikers, so you'd either sell Niasse (which I'd rather not) or loan out DCL, which I'd only do to a another premier league club or abroad to maybe Germany or France.

He didn't exactly set the world on fire last season when we had to rely on him did he. Im not saying he's crap, but what iam saying is , if we hold any ambitions on improving our finishing position next season, then DCL or Niasse are not the answer, especially if Tosun picks up an injury.

We headed into last season lacking cover at LB and look what that resulted in.

Agreed we have vacuum's elsewhere that need addressing, but another CF should be looked at with equal importance.

here we are in a transfer thread and ppl are debating whether we should keep niasse because he tries and has a nice smile.

please bin him and buy someone good. a starter.
we also need a 1st pick CB so get rid williams and mori
baines is getting old so buy a youngin to phase him out over a season. eg. tierney or philip maxx
you could argue that we need a midfielder and winger too...

3 or 4 quality signings and get rid 4 or 5....please no more over priced bang average english and/or prem proven from relegated teams or reject/flops like shaw.

this has all been blatingly obvious for a season now. will everton learn and do something or is it the same bs as every year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back